Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / Limb position question - help !

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2002 21:54
Hi all, - if I load in my model it looks and plays great, and the new limb name$ command shows up all my limb names, which is pretty cool. Then I position an object at one of the limb points, using..

x#=limb position x(1,3)
y#=limb position y(1,3)
z#=limb position z(1,3)
position object 9999,x#,y#,z#

..thats fine and looks as expected, object 9999 is at the position of limb 3 in model 1..

UNTIL... I move object 1. Then the object 9999 stays where it is.. it doesn't move around relative to object 1. Any ideas ? Maybe I'm just using the commands wrong As a test I put an object at every limb then played the object animation, all the limbs then move to stay in the right place relevant to the object root as the anim plays and the limbs moved about by themselves, but when I use move object 1, the object moves away but the limb "markers" stay based on root 0,0,0 by the looks of it.

Any help greatfully recieved, Cheers.
Lampton Worm
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2002 02:01
Now fixed by using Glue Object To Limb command (thanks Scorpyo!), points out interesting error in the docs for that command tho' -

The docs say..

GLUE OBJECT TO LIMB Object Number, Limb Number, Second Object

But it is infact..

GLUE OBJECT TO LIMB Glue-this-obj, To-this-obj, At-this-limb

Or.. this of it as the follow but without the brackets..

GLUE OBJECT TO LIMB Object Number,(Object Number,Limb Number)

Thanks again

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 12:08:08
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 12:08:08