Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Loading and fading bitmaps

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Howdie fellows

I'm trying to load a bitmap and fading it.

The function looks like this:

As you see, there are while loops there, the second one is the original code for both loops, the first was the changes I've tried after reading a bit on the forums.

What I'm trying to achieve is a simple fade in fade out for the start of the game, but it simply freezes and I have to bring it down in Task Manager.

This function is called at game start, right after loading some media that is not important. I set no camera before this point, don't know it if matters, but I'll try it in the meantime. I think that I'm missing something here, but I don't know what exactly.

Thank you for your help

V

I'm pretty sure I know everything. Doubts are something rare in me and I am never wrong, as this signature can prove.
zao420
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2006 23:58
one thing you can do if your using fsex is you dbSetGamma like this

forget if you need the dbsync in there. this code is untested may have something wrong

Vlad
Years of Service
User Offline
I see what you mean, but it doesn't even display the bitmap, it just freezes. Checked for memory leaks, nothing, it's simply frozen.

I'm pretty sure I know everything. Doubts are something rare in me and I am never wrong, as this signature can prove.
zao420
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2006 01:59
i just tried your code, yea ir didn't display the bitmap but after a few seconeds you just hit, a key then a few seconeds later it exits the loops.

no to sure what it is not displauing the bitmap i added a dbtext there to try and see what point of the while loop it was at and that didn't display anything.

Smithy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2006 11:32
Dont know if this can help but I experienced trouble sometimes when you dont load anything.
For example, just create a simple object with "dbMakeObject"-commands, so the engine has something to render...
Maybe this helps.

//Awards: Best DM at NeverwinterConventionIII (NWCon3)
//Sys: Pentium IV 3200E/Prescott;800Mhz FSB;HT;WinXPPro;ATIR9700PRO;1024MB RAM(2x512MB"DualChanneled";VC++7.net;Delphi6;ADSL512;

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-17 12:49:36
Your offset time is: 2024-05-17 12:49:36