Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / Hypothesis (Need your Mind Contribution)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Is it Possible to Make The Same Game in Low detail and High Detail (Let's say an arena game)
and then Share it and Play?

What I mean is That If I execute the High Detail Arena Level and My friend Executes the
Medium or Low detail SAME Arena Level, could we Play (See each other in the Game)?

Or in order to play an Arena Game, The File must be Exactly the Same (Even in Details)?

I don't have the Means to Test this , so If Anyone can test it and see if it Works it would
be Fine.

Actually, It would be the Best Solution to Distribute A Game in 3 different Graphic Details Ways,
So that The Player Could choose the Best that his machine can stand.

Question : Why when I play the Game , I can Only select between 2 players (in arena games), even
though I've put 4 in the Build game Tab AND 4 entities inside the stage? Is there a Trick or something?

P.S : I STILL have not find a way to use rain or snow (is it possible in Arena games too?),
or find a Tutorial. I performed a Search in this forum but nothing came up. A little help
is always Welcome.

P.S 2 : Why when I place an entity over another when I play the Game they are Flickering?
(Example : I put a blood splat over a Sand Path)

Thanks in advance,

Mismatch

- Even A broken Clock can Show the Time Correct, 2 times a Day... -
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2006 23:16
its odd, but if the files have the same unique game code in the ini, then they match.

ive never tried to build 2 different games and replace the code, but its worth a try...

Neptune
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2006 20:06
Quote: "Why when I place an entity over another when I play the Game they are Flickering?
(Example : I put a blood splat over a Sand Path)"

Its because both entities are occupying the same space in 3D. You need to move one of them slightly off-plane from the other (PageUp)
Mismatch
Years of Service
User Offline
Anyone Tried it yet?

This will be the 'key' to make a good game. If this works, then with an external menu you can 'ask' the player if he wants to run the game (arena or level) in High detail (full shadows, dynamic lights) or in medium / low detail.

Please Try it out, cause I don't have the Internet connection to do it myself!

Thanks.

- Even A broken Clock can Show the Time Correct, 2 times a Day... -
Joh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2006 21:59
PS2 - Polygon sorting. It doesnt know which to draw first if the polys share the same space. Try nudging the blood up from the sand path to a point where it maybe floating but visually in game it doesnt.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 16:40:27
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 16:40:27