Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / Counter-attack script

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2006 08:29
I've been playing Call of Duty 2 and having great fun when the Germans launch their counter-attacks.

And i was wondering if a counter-attack script would be possible. As in all the enemies in a building are dead, then more charge out from some woods or bushes or something and try to take back the building.
AE
brummel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2006 11:42
It should be doable but its too much for me to script as i still am a rookie.

RAAAAH! I have finally ordered FPSC and Model pack 1!
Lon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2006 21:26 Edited at: 24th Jan 2006 21:27
This is where a "spawnzone" entity would be good. you could associate a particular enemy entity with it and set a spawn rate, max number of enetities allowed spawned at a time and total allowed spawned and create endless or controlled amounts of enemies from them, think of how the game Gauntlet used to work. This would be useful if you wanted enemies to spawn out of somewhere other than the original placed enemies.

[url=http://www.chiselbrain.com]
asdf
Years of Service
User Offline
alright i got my fpc Creator from a friend, he lost his Cd case..so i can't get the serial number from him..the reason i need it is i bought and downloaded the Moldel Pack #1..anyone wanna email me there code..i would appreciate it much!..if you really wanted somthing in return i'd gladly send you my Model pack #1!!!...my profile email isn't real email me at Doublebass369@hotmail.com

Please Help!

asdf
Mabuggi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2006 09:51
Yeah Lon is right.

I have a house in one of my levels - you clear the house, then when you turn to start to come back out from the top floor of the house, it spawns loads of enemies.

The player thinks the house is clear - but there are enemies coming from all angles - works v v v nicely!!

Mabuggi

DAB Studios
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2006 06:43
Ohh I've got to try that

HOSTILE ENVIRONMENT
http://www.irwinsoftware.com/ww3
Screenshots on Site! Demo Coming Soon!
Retarded Sausage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2006 21:13
Quote: "alright i got my fpc Creator from a friend, he lost his Cd case..so i can't get the serial number from him..the reason i need it is i bought and downloaded the Moldel Pack #1..anyone wanna email me there code..i would appreciate it much!..if you really wanted somthing in return i'd gladly send you my Model pack #1!!!...my profile email isn't real email me at Doublebass369@hotmail.com

Please Help!"

i hope lee sees that
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2006 17:57 Edited at: 1st Feb 2006 17:59
Quote: "This is where a "spawnzone" entity would be good. you could associate a particular enemy entity with it and set a spawn rate, max number of enetities allowed spawned at a time and total allowed spawned and create endless or controlled amounts of enemies from them, think of how the game Gauntlet used to work. This would be useful if you wanted enemies to spawn out of somewhere other than the original placed enemies."

I am working with spawned dynamic entities at the moment so as to hopefully keep fps as high as is possible in complex levels.

It seems that FPSC entities can be set up to spawn in a great many ways that would suit almost any instance - its just a matter of working out how.

I am successfully keeping dynamic entities non existant until I want them to appear and quite obviously they can respawn in any number any least to 99 of each at random times etc if you wish.

I use both a mix of home brewed triggers and the FPSC trigger zone to achieve this in differing circumstances. You can already use the FPSC trigger zone as a spawn zone control object.

I have more work to do testing triggers and spawning and would hope to achieve more helpful and complex scenarios though I cant say they would be successful as yet.

Spawning any dynamic entity as you and when you wish it to be created and function as you want as a spawn object is not really diufficult. Somewhat more so is what I would like to do next and that is spawn, destroy the entity and then respawn it at will - basically to load and unload objects on the fly - seems it may well be achievable, but only further testing will prove this to be the case or not.

Of course any entity must be placed in a level in editor before it can be called to spawn during game run - however getting a positioned entity to spawn at a different (random) position say in the world on respawn is rather difficult without resort to either the source code or some workaround trickery. Currently, an entities spawn commands do not have an included spawn radius option and this would be all that would be needed though I suspect its more difficult than it sounds if large radii are invloved - something to add to the feature request list perhaps? What would suffice is a random spawn position similar to that available in MP - though I am not quite sure that that one works correctly anyway.

Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2006 18:42
can I get walk through for trigger spawning?

"I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter."
-- Winston Churchill

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 18:26:46
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 18:26:46