Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Five Linker errors at SDK examples and at my own project setup

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2006 13:22
Hello !
I just started with the SDK and everything works fine, unitil I have now 5 Linker errors.
I use C++.NET 2003, the SDK 1.1.1 beta and DirectX SDK October 2005 and the path setup look exactly to the description in the manual of the SDK.
The errors are the same at the Darks SDK example Daek Dungeon and in my own setup project:
error LNK2019: Symbol '_CLSID_DxDiagProvider', at function '"public: long __thiscall CDxDiagInfo::Init(int)" (?Init@CDxDiagInfo@@QAEJH@Z)'
error LNK2019: Symbol '_DXFILEOBJ_SkinWeights', at function '"bool __cdecl XFILE_GetMeshData(struct IDirectXFileData *,struct sFrame *)" (?XFILE_GetMeshData@@YA_NPAUIDirectXFileData@@PAUsFrame@@@Z)'
LNK2019: Symbol '_DXFILEOBJ_XSkinMeshHeader', at function '"bool __cdecl XFILE_GetMeshData(struct IDirectXFileData *,struct sFrame *)" (?XFILE_GetMeshData@@YA_NPAUIDirectXFileData@@PAUsFrame@@@Z)'
error LNK2019: Symbol '_IID_IDxDiagProvider', in function '"public: long __thiscall CDxDiagInfo::Init(int)" (?Init@CDxDiagInfo@@QAEJH@Z)'
error LNK2019: Symbol '_main', in function '_mainCRTStartup'

My question is now: is there someone else who had the same linker errors or what else could be the problem ?

Thanks
Mike Johnson
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2006 14:21
These linker errors are due to MS changing things in more recent versions of the DirectX SDK. I suggest you use the DirectX SDK from February 2005 which should be fine.

We will be updating the SDK very soon and I will test that things are okay with the more recent DirectX SDKs.
South Wind
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2006 15:23
Thanks for the quick answer !
In the meantime I have downloaded still the newest DirectX SDK from December 05, in the hope to fix the problems with this one.
Now I start with the old one from February last year.

So I suggest to update the Dark SDK for the latest DirectX SDK.

Thanks
Norman
Paisleys finest
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2006 17:34
You know, I'd swear I'm using DirectX SDK Dec 05 and yet I can compile with the SDK just fine

I'd better check that out

Current work in progress: Retro Remake of BRUCE LEE, by Datasoft (1984)
Barnski
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2006 22:27
@South Wind:
I would try the December 05 version first, since it works fine for me too!

greets,
Barnski.

-- I just started with DarkSDK, by translating DBP Projects. --
Lord of the Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2006 08:12 Edited at: 2nd Feb 2006 08:12
Try putting this above your project, worked for me with the october release.

South Wind
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2006 10:44
Thanks guys for the help!
With the December 2005 version of the Direct SDK there were no more problems in compilation of the Darg Dungeon example.
Only to fix me project setup for working, I had to change additonal a lof of the project settings to the same as used in Dark Dungeon, because the standard settings of the VC++ 2003 are not compatible.

It would be helpful for beginners of the Dark SDK to add this to the documentation.

But anyway, now everything is working fine.

Lord of the Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2006 14:50
You could post it here on the forums? Either way I'm curious what settings you changed.

DarkGameSDK
trying to understand DX...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-17 13:22:39
Your offset time is: 2024-05-17 13:22:39