Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Some collision detection difficulties...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey all, i'm using the Last Programmer's collision code on my new game and I have a small problem. If you need to see the code you can find it here Collision Codehttp://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=60567&b=6. It seems that the collision code will work on the outside of my test level, but the inside is not being detected for any collision, so i can go right through the walls and then it won't let me back into my level. I wondered at first if it might have something to do with the direction of the UVs of my level. Naturally since it's an indoors level I checked to see if all the uvs were facing inside, and they weren't, so I flipped them, but it still didn't do anything. Do you guys have any ideas what's going on? My test level is a simple cube that I modelled in Blender. In my code I placed the cube at 0,0,0 and scaled it by 1000 in every direction, and rotated it -90 on the x axis. My call to the collision engine is listed below, along with all of my DBPro to DarkSDK C++ code conversions. Any help here would be appreciated. Thanks guys!

The scarecrow has no mind, but serves its function well.
Acolyte
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey all, i\'m using the Last Programmer\'s collision code on my new game and I have a small problem. If you need to see the code you can find it here http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=60567&b=6. It seems that the collision code will work on the outside of my test level, but the inside is not being detected for any collision, so i can go right through the walls and then it won\'t let me back into my level. I wondered at first if it might have something to do with the direction of the UVs of my level. Naturally since it\'s an indoors level I checked to see if all the uvs were facing inside, and they weren\'t, so I flipped them, but it still didn\'t do anything. Do you guys have any ideas what\'s going on? My test level is a simple cube that I modelled in Blender. In my code I placed the cube at 0,0,0 and scaled it by 1000 in every direction, and rotated it -90 on the x axis. My call to the collision engine is listed below, along with all of my DBPro to DarkSDK C++ code conversions. Any help here would be appreciated. Thanks guys!

The scarecrow has no mind, but serves its function well.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-17 08:16:59
Your offset time is: 2024-05-17 08:16:59