Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Debugging with the SDK behind DB ?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2006 13:50
Hello !
One of the main reasons for me to leave DB was the enormes time consuming debugging, especially with larger projects ( -> 15 min. compilation time after every change at the code), additional to the low frame rate.

Now I'm a little bit surprised, that the SDK in the meantime is behind DB, isn't it ?

It's not possible to work in the Debug modus with VC++.NET, and additional you get no feedback about the error without a lot of log file programming ( in Dark Basic Prof the line of the error message is correct now, additional to the bug log file whta makes the things lot easier).

I'm very interested to learn about, how some of you, who are working now longer with the SDK, handle the debugging, which in my eys is the most important and time consuming part of every programming (especially at larger projects) !

Thanks for some tipps !
OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2006 14:22
I use message boxes, some people write to a file.

And some strange people compile in Debug mode, and use VS step through and other commands...

Blog:http://spaces.msn.com/members/BouncyBrick/
Web Site:http://www.nicholaskingsley.co.uk
Smoke me a computer chip, I'll be baking breakfast.
Vlad
Years of Service
User Offline
I compile in Debug Mode only when the bugs are not related with DGSDK.

Appart from that I write functions that send info to the screen.

The only lazy people that can complete games are genius. You don't look like a genius, so you better stop being lazy.
Support your local Riker 9 Chapter.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-17 12:49:45
Your offset time is: 2024-05-17 12:49:45