Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Strange results with Strg+F5 and Str+F7 (C++.NET 2003)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2006 15:02
Hello !
Today I have the strange result that my application works fine if I compile in Release-Mod (Str+F7) and start after this the *.exe file direct within the explorer.
If I compile in Release Mode and use 'Start without debugging' (Strg+F5) the application window opens, but in this case, the functions dbOpenToWrite and WriteString did not work (no reaction - if I compile wit Str+F7 it works).

It's a little bit strange, first to compile in debugging mode, than to build the *.exe-file and after this to start the exe-file in the explorer to test it.

Someone else has such problems ?
Maybe it's better to use the C++ Stream-Functions, but I want to make the life so easy as possible and used the DB-functions.

And a sqcond question:
are there any known problems with using of .NET-classes (especially XML-Classes) or windows form with the Dark SDK (before I do it and after this it will not work anyway).

Thanks
South Wind
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2006 13:04
Update-Infos:
now I have the same result with the functions
dbLoadImage
dbPasteImage
dbSync() ?

First I have to use Strg+F5 (Start without debugging), than Strg+F7 (Compiliation) and at least to start the exe direct, than it works !!!

For example, if I use the functions dbLoadSound and dbLoopSound it works direct inside the IDE with Strg+F5.

All is done in Release-Mode with the same project properties as in the Dark Dungeon-Example (VC++.NET 2003, Dark SDK 1.1.1 beta, DirectX SDK from December 2005).

This situation makes the development progress not very much happy.

Norman
OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2006 13:23
Dont forget that when using Start debugging or Start Without Debugging, then the current active directory will be different to that when the program is started from Explorer.

Its not a DarkSDK problem.

To get around it, you would either need to set the complete working directory in your program (which wont work if you give the program to someone else), or find the alternative location where the executable is run, and copy all graphics etc there.

Blog:http://spaces.msn.com/members/BouncyBrick/
Web Site:http://www.nicholaskingsley.co.uk
Smoke me a computer chip, I'll be baking breakfast.
South Wind
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2006 13:34
Yes, of course.
But if the sound file is in the same directory as the image files or the log files, than there should no difference, isn't it ?
South Wind
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2006 14:32
Okay, it's a mysterious path problem:
All paths are set to the Sub-folder .\release at the IDE. But with Strg+F5 the program founds only the Sound file, not the others who are in the same folder as the sound file.
If I use 'SetDir' to the Sub Folder 'release' with the media at the beginning - only in the case of the use Str+F5-mode with the help of a code option - the program founds now all files.

Don't know where to hell the problem comes from - but that it founds sound files and images files in the same directory with the same coded paths it's a little bit mysterious.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-17 12:02:23
Your offset time is: 2024-05-17 12:02:23