Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / dbCloneSound issue...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2006 19:04 Edited at: 9th Feb 2006 20:23
Hello,

have you ever tried to clone a sound multiple times (endless) to play several instances simultanuously ?
Since I needed to do this, I chose to load a sound once, and then clone it whenever I needed to play that sound. But, after a few times doing this, the sound would no longer be heard! the program keeps running, but there is just no sound coming.

So I replaced the dbCloneSound command with dbLoadSound, and it works now.

I guess this is a bug right? Is it already known and has it been adressed yet??

greets,
Barnski.

edit; I just tried to reconstruct the error in a new project but it works there! very strange, I will try to find out what is different in my original project ... and post the result of my findings here for you to confirm. thx

-- I just started with DarkSDK, by translating DBP Projects. --
Barnski
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2006 20:41
Ok I found out that I did a mistake *shame on me*

the first clone command had the same destination sound_nr as the original, so the original sound was "overwritten" by its own clone (wonder how this works), the next few clones played then fine, but when the first clone was finished playing its sound was deleted, and therefore also the original. but there was never an error... at the following clonesound commands, just no sound hearable... strange!

BUT
now I found something else, I can play possibly infinite numbers of NORMAL sounds that were cloned (I tried it, came over 100), but as for 3D-Sounds I can only play 29 at the same time, or else I get a runtime error. Maybe this is the amount of my sound card channels? Anyone can confirm this?

If this is the case, this means that it is variable on other computers with different sound cards.
-> How can I find out how many 3d-sounds (= sound channels) a users sound card has got?

I now remember of an old issue of a project of mine, some people could not run it with 3D-sound, so I made an option to disable it, which solved the problem.

thx,
greets
Barnski.

-- I just started with DarkSDK, by translating DBP Projects. --

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-17 08:19:11
Your offset time is: 2024-05-17 08:19:11