Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / Movie help. How do you make a movie, trailer, or cutscene for a game?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2006 14:55
How? Also how do you make a player able to be third person view? Please help.

Who am I?
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2006 23:39
there is no third person view for First Person Shooter Creator. you must make your movie in a differnt program, presumeably a modeler.

Attitudes and Egos only destroy. Keep this forum friendly.
[url=http://pic10.picturetrail.com/VOL320/1062685/1992749/24229021.jpg[/img][/url]
Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
Third person view? Why do you think it is called FIRST PERSON shooter creator?

Support your local Riker 9 Chapter.
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2006 01:59
You can script your movie .
Or you can do the MP game with Actors.
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2006 02:18
Quote: "Or you can do the MP game with Actors."

Cool never thought of that one!

JEEZ!You people just STFU! You waste more space complaining about people wasting space than the people your bashing! Man, I thought I had no life.
Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2006 03:31
i use the movies [href]themoviesgame.com[/href] and i make cutscenese that way its really easy...just costs 40$ or so

Nunticaelitusphobia---im scuurrred of the internet
Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2006 17:01
ARGH!!!!!!!!!

I'm sick and tired of posting this same reply again and again:
Quote: "Oh dear, not again...

There are three ways of doing it:
1) 3D animation:
Export your character meshes and animations aswell as scenary and rig it up in a 3D animator with animated characters, lights, effects and basicly EVERYTHING 3D. While this usually gives you the best results, i don't think anyone has tried it yet and it takes forever. Plus, you have to learn how to drive another program.

2) Machinima:
Again, i haven't ever seen any examples of this in an FPSC game but its easier to do. Make your room/scenary in FPSC as a multiplayer map then download a screen-recorder and get other players on the map to act out your script/story. While this is easier, the character animations of each player are limited and even in the best render settings realism is not possible.

3) Text animation/gif:
These are generally the easiest to make as they also require you to animate text to tell your story, this can be done in pretty much every peice of video-editing software around (even Windows Movie Maker). Or they can be more cartoony by making them in a program like animation shop that exports .gif files. While this is quick and easy, the results are generally crap and unless you are a fantastic writer, ther audiences attention will drop dramatically while watching one of these and they may even get bored if they go on too long.

You decide which is best for you. Personally, i choose 3D animation but its taken me a year a get to the stage where i'm confident of the quality and realism of my stuff. It's also the reason why my game won't be out until dec '06

hope that helped, search the forums next time"

NOTE:
Quote: "search the forums next time"

AE
SarusX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2006 00:01
just a suggestion- if your gonna use fpsc mp for your movies, get your actors to type in their names as a couple of spaces (no letters) the names wont hover over their heads.

Because no n00b is a good n00b.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 01:11:16
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 01:11:16