Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / Script for a switch, which will, when pressed, swap a Window Large(fake) for a Window Large with Infinite(0) health

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Topic. Does anyone know how I might do that?
Thanks,
Tom

Support your local Riker 9 Chapter.
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2006 01:56
uhh... no.

I would really like a few people to learn scripting so they can understand what it can and can not do. But not so they will think if I can't do it no one can.

You can't swap models with scripting, you can hide models, destroy models, and spawn models, but not swap. Yes you can hide the other and destory and stuff...

What are you trying to do? Not what you need.
Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm trying to make it so that when the player presses a switch, there is a cell with a window large(fake) on it-The window large(fake) has blinds, you see. Anyway, when they press the switch, I want it to change to window large, because window large(not fake) does not have the blinds over it and the player can then see through the window and into the cell.
Do you know how???

gps
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2006 23:56
Just a thought, but how about using a regular large window with a script change from Texture to Alt Texture when the player hits the switch? Borrow the 'blinds down' texture from the fake window, then use a script to switch to Alt Texture, which will be the regular see-though window texture.

Alternately, if you wanted to be really fancy, you could make a decal of the shutter rising, then position the decal over a regular window and trigger it to play once when the player hits the switch. That might be overdoing it a bit though

Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
Im on holiday right now, but I will try it when I get back-if I understand that! lol i'll tell you if it worked or not when i get back.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 05:08:37
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 05:08:37