Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / Script problem error 506

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
ive made a script and when i run a test game it says 'Runtime Error 506 - Could not load image at ling 11040' but im sure all of the stuff is right.

Heres the code

Background Info
-i put it on a trigger zone's main ai script
-i have both the .dds and .tga files in the right spot (inside the text folder)

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2006 07:11 Edited at: 15th Feb 2006 17:47
hudy=90

How big are your images?

state=2 looks bad to me
Repeats hudshow for 2 seconds?

Try this restructure of the code.

Give it a try.
I like to build all the huds at the start.
You were missing the out in hudfadeout.
I split states 2 and 4 into seperate states as to call the huhdshow only once.
I removed a timerstart from a state as well.
As long as that image size is not going offscreen at that hudy90 then it should be ok.
I haven't tested it though, because I don't have your images.
Like I said...give it a try.

If it still has problems then try replacing the hudfadeouts with hudunshows.

Hope this helps.

Don't forget to visit http://www.conjured.us/

Support Your Local CE-FPSC Chapter
noname 2tellu
Years of Service
User Offline
-oh the numone.tga and numtwo.tga can be any .tga that is the same size as the ones that some in FPSC. (it could even be 'lockeddoor.tga')

i have hudy=90 because i use images that are the same size as ones like the 'lockeddoor.tga' and other .tga files, the fpi scripts that use them have hudy=90 so i though ehh might as well be safe then sorry.

If you use that script with a trigger zone it sort of works. i experienced a small (very small) problem. when the first message appeared it disappeared realy fast. i fiddled with it for a while changing the timegreater values but it still zoomed away . then there was another problem the .tga files would stack on top of each other a little making it hard to read >.<

ive changed the code from using timers in all of it to only one part. To continue all the player has do to is press the use key (enter by default) so the text can be read at any pace (an arrow or something might help tell some one there's more text)

Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2006 21:43
asking an obvious question:

What is the EXACT location of your images on your hard drive? Don't direct me to the script, I want to know where it is on your HARD DRIVE.
noname 2tellu
Years of Service
User Offline
C:\Program Files\The Game Creators\FPS Creator\Files\languagebank\english\gamecore\text\whateverfile.tga

this is EXACTLY where my .tga files are located.
------------
ive deleted all the things in the fpsc folder (including the segment maker i had put in there [this may have been y it messed up]) then i reinstalled the fpsc. the error doesnt show up now and all the scripts and .tga files work fine.

-for future users and anyone else
** Dont install the segment maker in the same folder as the FPSC folder because it might cause problems**

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-16 18:06:03
Your offset time is: 2024-04-16 18:06:03