Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / DBPro questions...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2002 12:36
Ok, I haven't got dbpro yet (if it weren't for my povo family) so I'm curious.

Just need some answers that's all:

1. What's the limit amount of objects, lights, cameras, matrices, etc. that you can make in db.

2. What's a terrain.

3. Err...I forgot. I'll get back to it though

Thanx,
Vs
haggisman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2002 13:11
A terrain is a LOD version of the matrix, you can create a terrain by using a heightmap, currently the terrain commands are very limiting and not very usefull, but the DBS team have stated in patch 2 the more advanded terrain commands will appear, like scaling, multi-texturing and so on.

Im not sure about most of the limits, but you can only have 7 lights (really 8 with ambient) but that is a DX limit. The rest I think are really only limited by performance of the computer.

Specs:- 1GHZ athlon, Radeon8500, 192mb ram
Khumba
Years of Service
User Offline
Here are the limits for DBV1:

Objects/images/matrices: 1-65535
Bitmaps: 0-31 (0 is the screen)
Lights: 0-7 (0 is ambient)
Cameras: 1
People in multiplayer: 256

I'm not sure about DBP though, because DBP lets me create an object with an id of 65537 and so on. I know that lights stayed at 8, the multiplayer limit also stayed at 256, but the number of cameras is probably only limited by your video card now! If you're worried about DBP not being able to hold enough media, don't!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 01:41:58
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 01:41:58