Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / using a triggerzone to activate object

Author
VBOTB Developer '10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2006 21:13
how do i make a script so when i step on a triggerzone, it actives a person following a waypoint.

WHAT I NEED DOING:

a guy is around a corner in a T junction. i want it so when i step on a triggerzone, the person flys past the corridor infront. i had already worked out how 2 do it, its jus i dont know how to make the person stand still till i step on the zone!

Lewis From OsborneCreations.co.uk
brummel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2006 21:22
You dont have to do anything. Thats right, nothing, because if you dont make any commands it will not do anything. Just make "the fly by script" and dont script any things that you dont want the entity to do.

-Half Death- A game like Half Life 2 in progress...
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2006 00:10 Edited at: 17th Feb 2006 00:10
Antimatter... WHAT?

remove your state=0 and add :activated=1,state=0:state=1
Set the triggerzone ifused to the name of the enemy
Send a E-Check to merranvo@yahoo.com for $2000
brummel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2006 00:13 Edited at: 17th Feb 2006 00:14
I meant that if you dont script the entity to i.e. move around he will stand still.

-Half Death- A game like Half Life 2 in progress...
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2006 07:53 Edited at: 17th Feb 2006 08:03
Place your guy facing the right direction. (Down the hall)
I am assuming he is around the corner where your player can't see him standing still.
Then when you get to the trigger he will run down the hall.
This makes him visible to player when he runs past the junction of the hallways.
If I am imagining this right, you just want to see him run past, but not be able to catch him.

Try this for your Runner's AIMAIN...

This example makes the character (once activated) run for 3 seconds then destroy itself.
Simply adjust the timer and/or character's speed to compensate for the length of hallway.
Hopefully he will have already destroyed himself before your player gets to the corner of the hall.
All the player knows is that guy was fast. (set the entity's speed to 400 or so..lol)

I didn't test it, so let me know if it works.

Don't forget to visit http://www.conjured.us/

Support Your Local CE-FPSC Chapter
Lewis
VBOTB Developer '10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2006 12:04
it didnt work for me. when i went on the zone, nothing happened! and when i look round the corner, the character wasnt there at all!

Lewis From OsborneCreations.co.uk
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2006 18:14
Dont know if I understand the scenario exactly but I am working with triggers extensively.

If you cant see the entity you want activated initially and you want to call the entity to activation and move along the path when the player gets to a certain point - the "simple" way to do this is to set the entity to spawn and set a trigger (triggers the spawning) at the position you want the player to be when the entity comes to life. That way you can help save of fps as well as the entity wont exist until you want it.

If you mean you want the entity to stop at a certain location along a path and do something or nothing that will require specific scripting is more complicated and is not for an answer now - though it can be done with a combination of player proximity and waypoint stop/waypointstart commands in script if set up properly. Additionally triggers can enhance what you can do in this way.

AK47 shooter 101
Years of Service
User Offline
how do u do scripts?just wanting to know

AK47shooter101

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 06:15:53
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 06:15:53