Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Scenary...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
A Matrix is excellent for terrain...but what if you wanted to the interior of a building? Should I make a mesh of the building...texture it and decorate it? Should I use plains to act as my walls?How should I make a building and its interior?
denki
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2002 10:43
BSPs are very good for interiors, get a good little bsp editor and some tutorials on the net you'll have a level in no time!

denki
Kousen DPB RPG latest - Working on editors!
TGWDNGHN
Years of Service
User Offline
WHAT IS A BSP?!

The Darthster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2002 02:57
It's a map. The acronym BSP stands for Binary Space Partitioning, and it is basically the process of not drawing polygons which don't appear on the screen. (There's far more than that to it, but I don't have the time or understanding to explain it). A bsp map is just a map or level created in a level editor, that you can load and do collision with. If you can get WorldCraft or some such editor from somewhere, i.e. the PCGamer disks, then you can make .bsp maps, and load them straight into dark basic pro and you're half way towards an eigth of the way to making a Quake beater! (Quake 3 coincidentally uses .bsp maps, as does Half-Life.)

I haven't used .bsp maps much, I knocked one up in about 30 seconds in WorldCraft, then loaded it into dark basic pro and moved the camera about, thinking "oh, this works nice and easy then".

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 14:20:47
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 14:20:47