Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / Merranvos - Jetpack Script - Sound

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2006 22:44
Merranvo,

I am working on a variation of a Jetpack for my game and use your Jetpack script - basically as it stands with just some variation on the timing factors.

I am trying to get a sound to play when player is using action or the movement is in the upwwards direction. Seems for some strange reason I cant get one to work no matter what I do and I have tried many hours and many variations to get a sound to play with no luck.

There seems to be some reason I cant obviously see.

I can get a sound to play using other Jetpack scripts, but not with your script.

Any advice you could give regarding this would be much appreciated.

Thank you

BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2006 22:49
i modded his script a little bit for the jetpack on

[href]www.fpsmods.co.nr[/href]

not quite sure if the sound works

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2006 23:00
I would at least have a look at it but the link at file front does not work just sos you know.

westray
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2006 23:21
Try again uman it worked for me.
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2006 23:27 Edited at: 25th Feb 2006 23:29
Quote: "other Jetpack scripts"

Confusing...

Okay, knowing my script, you may have placed the sound= part in the wrong location... but if it isn't playing anysound at all... confusing... perplexuating... hmm... All I can ask is for you to show the modifications... truely, puting a sound= anywhere should return some result.

HOWEVER:
you may need to use plrsound, so the sound originates from the plr, if you remove the setalphafade=0 then you will see that entity, the further away you are, the softer an sound originating from him will be.
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2006 01:33 Edited at: 26th Feb 2006 03:17
Merranvo,

Yeah,

As a point of fact I have tried almost every sound command and location or combination in script that one could think of and still cant get a result, which is why I have needed to try for hours - normally such a function would take no time at all.

Getting an entity - any entity - to play a sound should not really be a problem of course and would not normally be for me as you would guess.

However if it was possible I would have done it and would not ask for your advice.

Most advice would suggest that a sound should work but it is not in this instance.

Seems to me like FPSC is just being a bitch for some reason only known to FPSC - it does such wierd things occasionally when it gets in a confused state itself and corrupts itself in relation to one object and refuses to play ball.

Obviously If you arnt able to suggest any particular reason "known" to you then it must be FPSC as I suggested in which case its down to me to track an unknown error down and fix it.

I will do so or find some other solution to a jetpack capability - easier said than done - or drop it altogether.

Cheers

EDIT :

On further testing it looks like either the script disables all sounds attached to the object for some reason I cannot ascetrain or theres an FPSC bug preventing sounds attached to entities of this particular nature from working.

I have attched the script I am using and as you can see the only thing changed in this script from the original is the moveup distances.

I have removed any sound refs as they wont work wherever placed so if anyone wants to have a go to see if they can get one to work I would be most pleased if they can say how they do it. It seems it cant be done but perhaps someone else can prove this assumption to be incorrect.

CODE :

;Artificial Intelligence Script desc = Auto Lift (Up and Down) (activate brings lift to plr) (Merranvos JetPack)

;Header

;Triggers

:state=0:state=6,coloff

:state=1,plrhigher=20:moveup=8
:state=1,raycastup=0 -20:state=3
:state=1,raycastup=70 100:state=4
:state=1:moveup=-5,rotatetoplr
:state=1:unassociateplayer
:state=3:state=1
:state=1,plrusingaction=1,plrcanbeseen:associateplayer,moveup=7
:state=4,plrhigher=20:state=1,unassociateplayer

:state=1,timergreater=30000:destroy
:state=6,plrdistwithin=50:state=1,associateplayer,timerstart

;End of Script

BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2006 04:07
Quote: "Seems to me like FPSC is just being a bitch for some reason only known to FPSC - it does such wierd things occasionally..."

omg... i know exactly what you mean. i was working on a daggewr weapon, and it kept crashing and said it could not load model. but it would load fine in a model veiwer i made in dbpro.

after 3 hours of working at it, i changed the name in the fpe and the model name, and it worked.

and i even tried changing the name back, but it wouldent work...it was so weird...

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2006 05:38
OK,

Thanks everyone for the help.

I have fixed this now. As is often the case when I come up against problems - the solution was mine to find and was a simple fix.

The script as was did not have an entity description with name field at the beginning of the script. That was needed for the sound to work. Simple solution there.

Once working I had difficulty in controlling the sound turning off "when needed" but some modifications to the script fixed that.

I now have a controllable jetpack which can be used indoors as all probs associated except one with that are overcome. Just one left and that is the fact as you know that when active the player can fly upwards and get through any ceiling above - that I recon can be overcome though I can often be wrong about these things. This particular problem has in my case at least results in a game crash if it occurs so a fix is vital.

Some further testing will see if a fix can be found for that last problem.

Thanks again all.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 14:13:43
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 14:13:43