Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / GHOST RACER DEMO IS NOW AVAILABLE - get it while it's still hot

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Ghost racer demo is now ready for down load.

2 versions are available.

one with music the other without.

with music = 12 mb
http://64.239.28.17/maskedcoder/ghostracermp3.zip

without music 4mb
http://64.239.28.17/maskedcoder/ghostracernomusic.zip

Press F1 in game for keys / Help

Screenshots
http://64.239.28.17/maskedcoder/demos%20pics/ghost%20racer/ghostracer.jpg

http://64.239.28.17/maskedcoder/demos%20pics/ghost%20racer/ghostracer1.jpg

http://64.239.28.17/maskedcoder/demos%20pics/ghost%20racer/ghostracer2.jpg

http://64.239.28.17/maskedcoder/demos%20pics/ghost%20racer/ghostracer3.jpg

http://64.239.28.17/maskedcoder/demos%20pics/ghost%20racer/ghostracer4.jpg

David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2002 20:53
I've downloaded and it looks good, almost like my motorbike game! Oh, they use the same texture set...

I love Star Trek.
Especially the Episodes with Starships in.
The Wendigo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2002 20:56
Those cars look like they are from the NEED FOR SPEED series! Neeto!

1.00 GHZ processor, 256 MB RAM, GeForce 3 64MB, SB Live!, 8 cans of soda per day
dark coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2002 21:20
l love the smoke but you definentley need too work on the hills you couldent drive up a hill like that unless you had a monster truck.

The Masked Coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Funny, you should mention motor bikes, i'm currently coding motor bike physics, with some pretty good results so far.

Glad you liked the demo.

A new level / track is currently being designed, which should enhance the game an enormous amount.

At present the track used, is a ready made one from matt edit. Which was used to so i could test and refine the physics engine.

David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2002 22:28
"Funny, you should mention motor bikes, i'm currently coding motor bike physics, with some pretty good results so far.
"

I've got most of it done, It's just the leaning from side to side that's done it. I've got the slopes thing sorted, smooth sliding collision

I love Star Trek.
richardneail
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2002 00:09
Hi,

Still too big for my little modem so I will dload it at work tmorrow.

Let you know what I think then

You still using the matrix for the new track ?

Rich

The Masked Coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Great david.

I downloaded your demo, from the RGT forums, and that inspired me to have a go at the bike physics. I was so impressed with the DM motor bike models, i've used the high poly one, since you included seperate media with the download. Unfortunately, i had the same trouble with the textures not showing in your demo, so didn't see it at it's best . Since the model is comprised of seperate parts, i was able to anamate seperate parts, like wheels, suspension, steering ect. Pity the rider doesnt move though.

Hi rich.

Yeh, we're still going to use a matrix for the Proper level.

It's looking quite good, at this early stage, with massive scope to explore. It's more of a go anywhere you like, type of game, or race around the tracks if you wish. We've used the largest matrix size DB will allow, so theres plenty of variety. We also plan to include alot of scenery objects, like plants, shrubs, trees, other stationary vehicles, buildings ect. All quite ambitious, at present, but i plan to include lots of options to turn objects on/off in game, to improve performance.

So, hows dark gt comming along ?
Would be nice if you started a thread and kept us updated with a diary of progress Would give you incentive to carry on too.

Masked

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2002 20:47

Not sure why people arn't using the tags... saw this in RGT too a few days back (nice to see we're getting news first :)
Gonna download tonight, hope that its a big improvement over Offroad 6

Really now looking forward to what crappy has produced, not just because it features something new of mine () but also cause it was developed in a different direction to Offroad. He is having trouble with a DB version of it thou.

Holy jumping mother of god NOOOO!!!...
Ahem I mean, I'll think about it
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2002 20:48
freaky... thats the first time the img tags have failed for me :\

Ahem I mean, I'll think about it
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2002 23:13
Glad you liked the demo, Masked. To get the textures to show put road.bmp from /world into the root directory.

Can you send me you 'animation' code snippets, as I was indeed you inspiration

I love Star Trek.
The Masked Coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Thats not vegeta letajin, from the old rgt forums is it.

lol, long time no see.

Hope you like my latest demo.
A new level is under construction, as i keep telling people, the one used in this demo, is a temporary one, that comes with matt edit. crappycoder, working on a car game is he. Coool, i'll have to page him for an update on his progress. Good to see your still modelling.

Hi david. Yah, got your demo working with textures this time. A good start, although i got quite low fps, 14, on my 450 mhz, geeforce 2 machine.

Look forward to seeing your demo in a more complete state.
I like to add sfx in my demos at an early stage, adds a lot to the experience. Hope you include some in your next demo. To get the sound of an engines pitch rising and falling due to acceleration, use then " set sound speed " command.

Sorry, but i dont give out code, other than what is available for download on my web site.

I'll be uploading my bike pysics demo soon, too. Needs more playtesting first though, lol.

Hope you like doing wheelies,

pathfinder
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey Masked mate that was a good laugh. Love the physics I was skidding about all over the place . Had a good chuckle, good fun keep it up. Mindu the best car game I ever played is still super cars 2 on the Amiga.

The Masked Coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Cheers pathfinder.

Glad you had fun playing it.

Thats what it's all about.

Sometimes i think people take games far too seriously.

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2002 09:09
i'm like something unkillable really... no matter what happens (those possible law suits over RGT we're kinda fun for a time )

i've been around the back scenes of db for all the time i was out of RGT though --- hopefully this time the admin here doesn't completely hate me

Anyways i'm still waiting for crappycoders demo, he had it done a few days ago - always have to wait cause of his poor connection. The model in it is this one right here ->

I developed about 25 skins for it, and have some more for when he is done... the one shown is from my own physics engine, but is i think an identical version.

The Masked Coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Got to say, a very nice, well designed professional looking model there.

Excellent work.

Just want to see it move now, lol.

Top stuff.

Masked

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2002 05:55
i'm sure my boss's would like to hear people think my models look pro - i think it might help them be more at ease at the ammount they pay me

i'm not sure if it is happening to anyone else but there appears to be a problem with my ftp - the links work one mine and don't the next ... its very odd

I personally wanna see it moving properly too - wish i could damn'd well catch crappy

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 13:02:46
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 13:02:46