Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / RPG styles or Inventories

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Is there any way to script in an RPG style leveling system with multiple skills or atleast add in an inventory system like in the old game Tribes? I plan on making a zombie survival game and needs these in before I go and commit to buying FPS maker... Thanks!
Skitza
Years of Service
User Offline
Nope, sorry. Better hope that either Riker 9 or V2 of FPSC has it, because there is no current way. Nor anyway to code it in.

Now if you want to make a game like Tribes, use the actual engine they used to make Tribes called Torque.
Techno Magi
Years of Service
User Offline
actually i cant do my game on Torque.. or 3d game studio.. or anything really... Im trying to make a zombie game composed on a 14 mile square island, with 5 cities left, the rest in ruins filled with the ravenous creatures.. I have the story done and plenty of models but I need a good enough engine and an easy interface.. but FPSC looks kinda crappy.. they even said on the main page that Ragdoll is IN it and of course it isnt.. They seemed to be liars :/ ah well, i may use this anyway for some fun
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2006 15:52
Someone was actually working on a inventory system for fpsc. If you search the forums you may find it. Problem is, I don't think the person is still working on it anymore.

V2 may have it, don't think riker9 will have it, but anyhow, none of those is in sight at all.

MegaMusic Pack 01.... 31 original soundtracks for your games!
http://www.aeilkema.dds.nl/mega/index.html
Lizblizz
Years of Service
User Offline
I Came up with the Ragdoll Idea My Game has Ragdolls! Not Exacly Big Deformed Bears but People with sewd on limbs needels threw mouth and eyes riped chest sowd up!

Silent Hill
Skitza
Years of Service
User Offline
What the hell are you talking about Lizblizz?
Lizblizz
Years of Service
User Offline
well...its a long story its in the showcase fourm in lucid nightmare! its locked but you can still view it thanks to Somebody!!!

Silent Hill
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2006 18:47
Search the showcase... I forget his name, but he made RPG addons to the engine.

Mosillivo: Fires Rage, Earth Rumble, Evil Reigns, Cities Tumble
Join the NJL: The War Has Begun, Which Side Are You On?
Nunticaelitusphobic (Scared of Internet)
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2006 16:21
watch nightmare before christmas for the ragdoll look lizz wants

"I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter."
-- Winston Churchill
SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2006 16:59
Sigh

Rag doll is when you have a character, and are able to fling it around, as in the real world. A rag doll, is a skeleton for a model, which join up the bones so you can pull them around in a physics engine, like havoc, which comes with 3d max.
x1b
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "People with sewd on limbs needels threw mouth and eyes riped chest sowd up"

liz...hon...you're a very disturbed little girl

SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2006 00:16
Shes a little 35 year old girl
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2006 00:23
higgins, everyone knows what ragdoll physics is. She is talking about the actual ragdolls. (you know the morbid stuffed creatures that every kids has) Go watch Nightmare before Christmas and perhaps that new one that recently got released.

here is a link to the ragdolls

Little raggies

"I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter."
-- Winston Churchill
Lizblizz
Years of Service
User Offline
yhea =p and how do you know higgins? and its just how i am sewd up people like this guy

Silent Hill

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 13:17:50
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 13:17:50