Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / What happens when you do this?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok, do you think we could set the entity to Explodable? Then, when we kill it, its body parts go flying. I just thought that would be cool.

-www.theminimedia.com-
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2006 10:07
Being that they are both entities I don't see why not. It may require a seperate 'gibbable' model. But then again this engine is awful picky.

JEEZ!You people just STFU! You waste more space complaining about people wasting space than the people your bashing! Man, I thought I had no life.
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2006 11:59
FPSC Effectively uses gibbs now for exploding boxes, bottles and so on.

I have tried extending that too other non default entities of similar shape to non default ones and it works OK.

Of course you may have some difficulty in getting it to work realistically for your own models if they were of a complex shape as the default is meant to work with very simple primitive shapes.

A blown up Tank for instance would probably end up looking a mess of a few large pieces like walls flying around I would guess - or the round gibb setting used for cylindrical objects might be better - then it may look like a big barrell exploding?

You might be able to introduce more complex gibb shapes but the reason they default ones are simple is for a reason - like much else in FPSC - many complex gibb pieces would be a heavy drain on the engine and slow down fps dramatically.

The engine is not really fast enough in updating the screen and gameplay to handle large numbers of complex shaped physics objects flying around in large numbers.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 12:24:01
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 12:24:01