Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / Search & Rescue game - script to make character RUN...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2006 07:34
Hi all,

I have just completed a single-player "Search & Rescue" game where the player is the firefighter going into a burning building to search and rescue some trapped victims. It is a departure from the typical death-match game but rather a game with some learning objectives for kids. Anyway, I'm now making a 60sec video trailer (Machinima) of the game. However, I can't seems to make my character run! When using Animate=X, there are a list of animation. However, there isn't any RUN; only MOVE FAST which did'nt work for me - my character seems to stroll thru the burning building!!!. I have tried setting SPEED to 200 and the character basically glides thru (ghostingly!). I need the character to rush or run with some sense of urgently..

Second question is about the use of Decal especially the blinking light, can I change the orientation (say, the cone pointing down instead of up) and move the light cone to the ceiling or floor - right now, it is defaulted at mid-air!

And finally, if anyone know where to get free/cheap 3D character models (kids, woman, fireman) for my survivors, pls point the way...

Appreciate it if anyone has any suggestions or comments.

thanks

albert
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2006 20:52 Edited at: 22nd Mar 2006 20:56
There is a button assigned to make your character sprint in FPSC.By default it is the shift button.

Edit post:As far as the decals go I am not sure as I have not tried the rotation keys when placing them.
You can get models at turbosquid.com.3dLinks.com is a good place to look.
But the best place to look is in these forums.Look around and you will find forum members have sites where you can download resources from.I hope this helped.

FLA
awesome lah
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2006 05:19
When making a movie in a real-time 3D environment(fpscreator), the player is the "cameraman" as POV is the player's. Hence, using Shift key only makes the "cameraman" moves faster and not the NPCs. I used a NPC to represent my fireman/rescuer character so that audience can see him and hopefuly empathize with him. No point making a movie with POV shots only...

Check out the recommended websites, thanks

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 16:07:42
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 16:07:42