Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / Engine/script possibilites

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Greetings to all.

I am a FPScreator newb as I just played around with the trial version and read through about half the manual. Pretty good stuff. I do however have some questions I was unable to find answers for.
So far I see the power and quality of creating environments. That is obvious right away. However I am not very clear on how much can be achieved with scripting. With the trial included demos WW2 and SCIFI the artificial intelligence of the enemies is not very good. They tend to stand there for some time before seeing you and if you have them follow you they just get stuck in corners. I always thought that if you have a demo available you show off your best stuff. So graphical quality is great but is this possible to create by using the scripting language/using the features of the engine.

1.Inventory system i.e. Player presses “I” and a grid with items shows up where you can arm weapons wear armor.

2.Player approaches a door and in order to open has to input a numerical code. Essentially can a query box be created where the user inputs numbers or strings to gain access?

3.Outdoor levels where a ground mesh is loaded thus simulating outdoors.

4.Animated sky in the outdoor levels?

5.Moving/dynamic light? I simply do not know if the engine is powerful enough to crunch that in real time.

6.Reflections? I saw some screenshots of bump-mapped surfaces but I saw nothing regarding reflections.

7.Liquid movement simulation? I.e. waves and such.

8.I saw some steam in the SCIFI demo…is fire or fog possible?

Well I have few more…but I figure this is a tall order as it is 

I thank you in advance for any info.
nascarj
Years of Service
User Offline
That would be kool especially 1,2 and 4
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2006 07:33
As far as #3 goes there are a variety of outdoor segments available and various programs to make your own.
On #8 fog is possible.There are two scripts for fog and Gravematter has a fog entity.There are fire,snow,rain,etc. decals in FPSC.
FPSC does have dynamic lighting and shading.How well it works depends on the pc specs you have.
There is an animated water segment available.
If you search the forums you will find the answers to most of your questions.

FLA
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2006 11:41
1. Not as is, but some one made an addition to FPSC to get this in it at runtime also.

2. No, but there's a work around. You could create a script (I've done it for my own game), which allows you to use a secret code to open a door. FPSC does not have any keyboard input like that.

3. Yes, totally possible, but limited. You cannot create huge worlds, with lot's of foliage, that will bring the engine to it's knees. But you can create convincing outdoor levels. Follow the link in my signature. Then select Media & Games on my website. Select FPSC Landscape Pack 1 on that page and there you can download a demo and see screenshots of landscapes in FPSC.

4. I'm not 100% sure, I've heard people mention it, but never seen it.

5. Dynamic lights yes, moving lights I'm not sure about it. BUT.... the engine cannot really handle dynamic lights too well. Even though it's an implemented feature it really kills the game.

6. Not sure, I'm at my laptop at the moment, so I can't check.

7. Yes, but you have to create in yourself. Someone has done it already, it didn't sound too complicated. You can also simulate walking through water.

8. Dynamic Fog is possible, but you cannot alter the range of it, unfortunally. Fire is possible through decals, which you could also use for Fog.

Bored of indoor? Add outdoor to your FPSC games!
http://megagaming.taken.to
Need music for your games? Check the above link also!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 07:32:10
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 07:32:10