Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / Map Editor

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
is there a way to get a map editor? maybe in C or C++, or now that i think of it, i have blitz pro, is there a way to link the mapeditor from that into my game? Like a way to make it save in the correct lang and format? I doubt i can do it my self, but if it is in blitz i may just give it a try

Thanks
Jake

Ps. My game "Zone: Zero" is in the beta process, acctually more in the alpha so i u want to test it out email me
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2006 12:25
do you even own FPSC?

it is one map editor...

[href]www.freewebs.com/edromeproductions[/href]
look there for all my model packs latest updtes and other stuff!
(its not old yet)
nascarj
Years of Service
User Offline
lol yes i own it and i dont mean like fpsc i mean for the user to use
Programmer of Power
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2006 23:50
I don't think you can letthe user have their own map editor, like in starcraft or whatever, it would be just like giving everyone else their own FPSC!

"I will work harder... if you ask me enough times."
nascarj
Years of Service
User Offline
well yeah i guess your right..... but it would still be kool i mean limited of course i dont know i guess i just thought fpsc was kool
Aoneweb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2006 05:25
Whats Blitz pro?

Game resource forum and arcade, click sig.
nascarj
Years of Service
User Offline
its blitz basic a programing language that produces exe's you see i could make one with that, i have done it for a game i made with it, but it would have to save in the right format and be readable
op89x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2006 05:48
I think the way it works with the legal issues is this: you can't use FPSC to create another game engine. I'm not sure how you would define that.

Technically, you're not creating a game engine, you're creating a map editor. You're letting the player design their own maps for use in your game and your game only, and I don't see anything wrong with that. You aren't letting them script, build new games, code, create models, etc. You're just letting them create maps to be played within your game.

However, the best thing to do is ask a member of TGC or hope one posts here and clears this up for us.

Avaric Entertainment
Team Leader/Lead Developer
nascarj
Years of Service
User Offline
ok thanks op89x that really helps, say they did say it was ok but i would have to do it my self, how would i do it? My best friend has DBPro would i use that? or would it be easier to use blitz basic because i already have a map editor for another game (but it doesnt save in the right format) basicly the biggest problem i see here right now is format in which it is coded and read in. The code cannot conflict with the engine otherwise it wont work and will lock up when loaded.
op89x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2006 06:27
well, if you've already done it, you must know what you're doing. Doing it in DBPro can't be too hard for you, then. I'd suggest you buy DBPro yourself and start from scratch with it.

Avaric Entertainment
Team Leader/Lead Developer

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 15:33:22
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 15:33:22