Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / Serious dynamic light problem!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2006 18:40
Hello. I'm new to FPS Creator and I want to have those flickering and pulsing lights to make a spooky atmosphere, you know. So, I make lights dynamic and put the right script in them and then I test: the lights flicker but the light only show on the ceiling or just the floor. Worst of all, the light entity nearby doesn't get lit in any case. Plz, help me!

- Life is a game, so play it -
Pus In Boots
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2006 21:04
i'm not sure about that light problem as ive never been confronted with it. best i can suggest is toy around with the settings.
A little hint: You can make lamps and stuff look as if they omit light. for the 'effect' thing in the properties, set it to illuminent.

You don't have to be insane to answer my questions, but it helps

visit www.gameshell.tk
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2006 01:52
ok the problem is this:

The placement of your light (not the light fixture) is off. you need to re-seat it to match the light fixtures height. also you want to make sure that you do not use to many dynamic lights as this will seriously take away from the performance of your game.

"I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter."
-- Winston Churchill
Blueshade
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2006 15:27
Game Junkie, the illuminationent.fx looks very terrible, it's like a mixture of all the lights in the map but mixed up real bad. I think you meant illuminationmap.fx, that's what I use and it works well with static lights and I think it should with dynamic lights too.

And Reality Forgotten, I didn't quite follow... Could you say the same in just plain English (I'm from Finland and I'm not THAT good in English). But I don't use many dynamic lights anyways, maybe just about two of them can be seen at the same time.

Blueshade
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2006 15:46
Please, someone help me! Can somebody please explain how to "re-seat light placement to match light fixtures height"?

Gam3r
Years of Service
User Offline
what he means i think is place the place the the light from the marker tab to hover just above or at the same height or level as the light "entity" if we cant help you you will have to try to use FPSC to make a game without what your talking about

-tyler
Walking Dead Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2006 01:48
How do you change the height?
brummel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2006 03:08
page up and page down.

Login to post a reply