Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / My First FPSC game: Planet Zero (WIP)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2006 07:38
Well, as i've said before (Somewhere), I just got this program and started working on my first FPSer.

The name of my FPSer is "Planet Zero".

The story is as follows (Some minor details are subject to change as the project matures)

The game takes place some time in the distant future. NASA scientists have found the exact point in space where the universe started. In that area is a Planet (Dubbed Planet Zero) since it is beleive to be the first planet in exsistance. Space travel being more advanced, they can reach this planet. Each Government has formed a team compiled of their best scientists, soldiers and explorers so that they could find out the secrets of Planet Zero.

You play a member of one of these teams with skills in Science and exploration. You're relatively young and not as bright as the other scientists but you were still chosen for the team.

Everything starts off fine. You wake up, get ready, and board the ship for Planet Zero. The trouble (As you guessed it) starts as you arrive on Planet Zero. The entire planet's advanced alien civilization are all Zombified. All the movie's you've seen on Earth where Zombies took over the planet. It didn't happen on Earth. It happened on Planet Zero, at an undetermined time. But showing how evolved the Zombies are, it's well over a few hundred years.

Most of your team get's slaughtered and you are soon separated, your only weapon is the one you pried from your dead team member. From here you have to try and rondevouz with your surviving team mates and figure out an alternate way off the planet. All the advanced technology around you has to be worth something!

You must fight through the inhabitants of the planet as well as the competing governments whom are still trying to find the secrets to Planet Zero, before you do.

One of the big features for this game that I don't think many games made with FPSC have are real life cutscenes shot on Mini DV film.

Now I know what you're thinking... Sounds good but your Dads home video camcorder and your shakey hand will make for some craptastic film. This is not the case with me, as I am someone who is persuing film making and I do have a high quality camcorder (Panasonic AG-DVX100b, capable of 24p for that film look [oh yeah!])

If anyone is interested in helping out, then drop me a msg in my inbox.

Comments and Suggestions are welcome and appreciated.

:ull's my string:: You're reading me talk!
www.darconet.com
Wesker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2006 14:28
Well, as i\'ve said before (Somewhere), I just got this program and started working on my first FPSer.

The name of my FPSer is \"Planet Zero\".

The story is as follows (Some minor details are subject to change as the project matures)

The game takes place some time in the distant future. NASA scientists have found the exact point in space where the universe started. In that area is a Planet (Dubbed Planet Zero) since it is beleive to be the first planet in exsistance. Space travel being more advanced, they can reach this planet. Each Government has formed a team compiled of their best scientists, soldiers and explorers so that they could find out the secrets of Planet Zero.

You play a member of one of these teams with skills in Science and exploration. You\'re relatively young and not as bright as the other scientists but you were still chosen for the team.

Everything starts off fine. You wake up, get ready, and board the ship for Planet Zero. The trouble (As you guessed it) starts as you arrive on Planet Zero. The entire planet\'s advanced alien civilization are all Zombified. All the movie\'s you\'ve seen on Earth where Zombies took over the planet. It didn\'t happen on Earth. It happened on Planet Zero, at an undetermined time. But showing how evolved the Zombies are, it\'s well over a few hundred years.

Most of your team get\'s slaughtered and you are soon separated, your only weapon is the one you pried from your dead team member. From here you have to try and rondevouz with your surviving team mates and figure out an alternate way off the planet. All the advanced technology around you has to be worth something!

You must fight through the inhabitants of the planet as well as the competing governments whom are still trying to find the secrets to Planet Zero, before you do.

One of the big features for this game that I don\'t think many games made with FPSC have are real life cutscenes shot on Mini DV film.

Now I know what you\'re thinking... Sounds good but your Dads home video camcorder and your shakey hand will make for some craptastic film. This is not the case with me, as I am someone who is persuing film making and I do have a high quality camcorder (Panasonic AG-DVX100b, capable of 24p for that film look [oh yeah!])

If anyone is interested in helping out, then drop me a msg in my inbox.

Comments and Suggestions are welcome and appreciated.

Just a quick Screenshot of the front of your house. While this is nothing important, you\'ll notice this Earth\'s future, city\'s are domed off.

www.darconet.com

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Lost Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2006 14:34
sounds like a really good game (and a possible doom wad) and i dont think using camcorders is a bad idea... the first resident evil had actors and people running around with camcorders and its my favourite cutscene in any game i know!

Doom,where the sanest place is behind a trigger.
SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2006 14:41
Post images, or be insulted by all forum members.

Papa Lazarou: Your my wife now!

Model Pack: Tools: http://www.league-of-lunatics.co.uk/3d/tools.htm
Wesker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2006 15:03
About the images:

I tried to post afterwards, but I have to wait for my messages to approved, so it takes a while for me to post. Also I think I may have double posted, i'll have to wait for that to pop up so that I can edit it.

So sorry in advance, but it's kinda out of my control until I can see my posts instantly.

As for progress, I am working on the city.

www.darconet.com
Nigezu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2006 17:31
Screenshots! Without them this is a meaningless crap!

Intel Pentium 4 Processor 519 3.06 Ghz, 1536 MB DDR, Ati Radeon 9550 256MB
Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
He has posted one screenshot now, and no offense intended, it does not look very interesting. If this is another planet, why the hell is there a HOUSE?!

Tom

Support your local Riker 9 Chapter.
Nigezu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2006 21:07
No offence but screenie looks crap.

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 8th Apr 2006 21:27
Quote: "Just a quick Screenshot of the front of your house. While this is nothing important, you\'ll notice this Earth\'s future, city\'s are domed off."

It's a picture of the front of your house on earth in the future. The city is inside a dome.

There are no windows on the front of your house because the city is very ugly....I think.

Crazy Grandpa
Wesker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2006 03:30
Quote: "If this is another planet, why the hell is there a HOUSE?!
"

The screenshot is from the begining of the game. You start off on earth for the first 20 minutes of the game. No weapons, no fightining. It's just to further the story.

Quote: "It's a picture of the front of your house on earth in the future. The city is inside a dome.

There are no windows on the front of your house because the city is very ugly....I think."

Exactly, there's nothing to look at if there was a window. Some places have windows, most places don't. The other side of your house has a balcony.

But as I said, this isn't really important as the game doesn't take place on Earth, only the intro.

www.darconet.com
Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2006 06:50
A dome is hemispherical. this is a cuboid.

"Guns for show, knives for a pro."
op89x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2006 11:34
The story has promising until you got to the zombie planet thing. There better be a good reason we have zombies on this planet, and an even better reason that we didn't know this before, even with the technology we have NOW. If we can see the surface of Pluto, we should be able to pick up on a zombie civilization. That also means everyone would have guns, and you would start with one.

Don't let people get on you for not posting a million screenshots. If you want to make a post about your story, then make it about your story. You don't need screenshots. Just because people like them doesn't mean you need them.

Besides, some people, myself included, are waiting to spend a lot of time on making segments and entities before we start putting levels together. So, if you're in your beginning stages, no one should expect screenshots from you, because hopefully your stuff won't remain that quality.

Avaric Entertainment
Team Leader/Lead Developer
Wesker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2006 12:10
Thanks for the encouragement!

I have my reasons on the story, but you guy's will see it as it comes along!

Not all movies/games have to make ultimate sense, but rest assured i'll have a good reason why they couldn't forsee the dangers of Planet Zero.

I am in the begining stages and will be speeding through production with this current quality so that I may revisit it and use it as a framework to make the actual game.

Any screenshots posted by me now should just be consider "Works In Progress" (Which is what I stated in the forum title), and are subject to change at anytime as media and ideas are shown to me.

www.darconet.com
Nigezu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2006 12:39
Quote: "The screenshot is from the begining of the game. You start off on earth for the first 20 minutes of the game. No weapons, no fightining. It's just to further the story."

Twenty minutes in Earth without fighting is kinda long time whén you can't save/load!

Wesker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2006 16:35
There will be story elements in those 20 minutes. Who you are, where you're going, who you're going with, short introductions.

Here's to hoping people play that have an attention span longer than 20 minutes!

www.darconet.com
K Jah
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2006 18:30
There's a game out called America's Army )check filefront it's free). I've never played it and have no intention to but that's not the point.

The point is one of the "tests" is said to be 60 minutes long crawling very slowly through some bushes. After reading that I was put of the game. Crawling through bushes does not make for excitement even if you do get shot because you got it wrong.

So as long as your videos are exciting and make sense i'm sure no one will have a problem.

<('.')> <(@.@)> <(-.-)>
GO TEXT KIRBY
PureEvil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2006 21:20
actually its not 60 minutes long and + its optional training, you only have to take basic traning wich goes by in the blibk of an eye

?¨®´´?ˆ¬
ˆ† µ´å˜ß ?¨®´´?ˆ¬
Bet you didn't understand that. btw, ROCK ON, Resident Evil!!!
PureEvil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2006 09:04
just bumbing this thread... btw nice job so far, anything new? or have u stopped production....

?¨®´´?ˆ¬
ˆ† µ´å˜ß ?¨®´´?ˆ¬
Bet you didn't understand that. btw, ROCK ON, Resident Evil!!!
Paul112
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2006 12:12
I like the storyline. Very creative, with the whole start of the universe thing. The screenshot looks bland, but then again earth generally is. And anyway, this is your first FPSer, so it should improve as you get used to the program.
And yes, real life cutscenes would be awesome, especially with a hot woman

Fujitsu-Siemens "Scaleo-P" with Windows XP OS, Pentium 4, 3.2GHz Processor, 512MB RAM, and a 128MB ATI RADEON X300 Graphics card.
AntL
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2006 13:01 Edited at: 13th Apr 2006 13:11
Im not trying to offend you or anything, but it does look like CRAP so far. Maybe if you bought 3d World Studio, Cartography Shop, you can make some way better looking maps and stuff for your levels, and just import them into FPS Creator (But I reconmend CShop to start with, its good to learn with and very easy, but 3d World Studio is far more better by thousands).

@ everyone insulting his work so far
If you all, when we was younger, im guessing about 10 maybe a bit more years ago, the first Dooms, and wolfsteins was very good. It was entertainment. Now comparing it to today standards its CRAP.
Well... this is pretty much what he's got CRAP, you you never know if "old Doom like game" will turn into a great "Doom 3 game".
What im saying is we all start somewhere and thats useally with an idea.

@Wesker
Keep up the work and make it good!! And let me know how its turning about sometime so i can check back in.

EDIT: I forgot to say I like the idea of having real life cut scenes, there are no games out like that other then old Resident Evil, and that was very nice when it came out.
Wesker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2006 21:41
Still in the begining phases, just trying to determine the storyboards for the cutscenes so I know what needs to be acted out and what will be playable.

Also trying to figure out how to get better frame rates, I have a full on city level and theres a crisp 32 frames until I hit certain spots, so I am guessing it's a leak or something.

www.darconet.com
AntL
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2006 04:56
Yeah... I understand that my prejects is just in the early stages with 3DWS.
Wesker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2006 09:42 Edited at: 15th Apr 2006 09:44
How easy is it to port maps from 3DWS? Also do the maps lag more than ones built in FPSC?

Because I made maps for a game called Team Fortress Classic, using Hammer and 3DWS seems to have an easy to use interface like Hammer, that's much better than the drag and drop stuff for FPSC.

(Also are maps imported from 3DWS royalty free and free to use for commercial use?)

www.darconet.com
AntL
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2006 10:59 Edited at: 15th Apr 2006 11:02
3DWS is very easy to make maps with... Ive made alot of objects to use very easy(excpt textureing, I dont know how to make textures). But i dont know anything about FPSC i thought id drop in to see what everyone thinks about it. If FPSC can import .x then it be probally be a good idea for you to try, and if it does then you ought to go for it.

EDIT: Its royalty free, and yes the maps run good!!
Wesker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2006 11:00
So you've put a map from 3DWS into FPSC?

From the demo of 3DWS, I can make maps in Hammer and then import them into 3DWS for final touches.

If I can import the maps into FPSC to be playable then this game is going to have some amazing levels.

www.darconet.com
AntL
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2006 11:57 Edited at: 16th Apr 2006 12:03
You have seen screen shots of CShop and 3DWS, right? Its make great maps for after you get the hang of it. I dont know what FPSC it capable of, as I said, I dont have it or know anything about it.
I came came into this forum to see what people made and what they thought of it. But if it can import .x files, then you should use either CShop or 3DWS. I reconmend CShop for new user since its cheap and only good for learning with now. But the real magic comes from 3DSW.

EDIT: Also, like I said, I dont know how to make textures yet. So I just make "subsatutes" Until I know how, thats why I never show anything I make. The textures I have on it it normal colors from Paint. I put those on it to show what going to be on it so I dont forget when I revisit them. So you ought to check out screen shots, and what other people has made in the CShop thread.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 12:07:53
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 12:07:53