Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / Some questions (doors, traps)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi! I´m trying to make a game based on a movie called Cube.I´m new and I´d like to know some things:

- Is there any way you can put doors on the floor and/or in the the ceiling?
- I´d like to make trap rooms just like in the movie. I mean, the player enters in the room, then suddenly some kind of guns, blades or whatever appear from the walls an kill the player.
- How do I make a "hurt zone" that kills the player instantly?
- I want the "hurt zones" to hurt, but not immediately. Only 1 or 2 seconds after the player is in their area.
- I know this has been asked before, but wasn´t answered (I think)How do I make a countdown, so the player has a time limit to get out of the Cube or he will die?

The Cube is us
brummel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2006 23:57 Edited at: 9th Apr 2006 00:25
This script hurts the player after 2 seconds.

--------------------------------

This kills the player instantly.

This is a counter that kills the player if the timer is beyond 5 seconds.

Copy this and paste in an empty wordpad document and save as "yourname".fpi in the scriptbank in the fpsc folder.

Notice that the timer counts in milli seconds, just in case that you want to change the time the player has to get out of the zone.

If you are going to make your own script, then remember to separate the conditions from the actions with a colon. Read the manual at page 43 to 45 for the commands.
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2006 01:37
Which was made into a pathetic sequel that sci-fi hosts every other month. Unfortunatly

- Is there any way you can put doors on the floor and/or in the the ceiling?
Yes, you need to grab a copy of the segment editor and rotate the door about the y axis by 90 degrees.
- I´d like to make trap rooms just like in the movie. I mean, the player enters in the room, then suddenly some kind of guns, blades or whatever appear from the walls an kill the player.
What you first off want is a model. The code that Antimatter games provided will work, but I belive that increasing physics forcedamage to like a 50000 will produce the result you desire, that is, of course, if you move it WITHIN fpsc. and it is only a mabey, I haven't toyed with the physics engine that much, unfortunatly animations are not calculated for collisions.

- How do I make a "hurt zone" that kills the player instantly?

- I want the "hurt zones" to hurt, but not immediately. Only 1 or 2 seconds after the player is in their area.

- I know this has been asked before, but wasn´t answered (I think)How do I make a countdown, so the player has a time limit to get out of the Cube or he will die?

A small correction that makes it a little easier, use a skull entity and attach this script

::followplr
:state=0:timerstart,coloff,state=1
:state=1,timergreater=5000:plraddhealth=-500

Notice: There is a bug with the timer command, if you use timers ANYWHERE ELSE while this is running, it will be longer then 5 sec.

Notice to Antimatter games: The movie in question is an infininitly sized 'cube'. It isn't just one room he is talking about, it is the whole game. Or atleast I think that is what he means.

We all have our inner noob.
Join the NJL: We have MORE fun!
When in doubt, blame a mod!
brummel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2006 01:53 Edited at: 9th Apr 2006 01:54
I thought he meant a triggerzone.
Cornik
Years of Service
User Offline
Both "hurting the player after 2 seconds" and "kill the player instantly" work fine, thanks! . Now how do I change the first one, so it hurts after 1 second instead of 2?

[quote]Is there any way you can put doors on the floor and/or in the the ceiling?
Yes, you need to grab a copy of the segment editor and rotate the door about the y axis by 90 degrees[quote]

I´m sorry but it doesn´t work . I created a new door called "Door Control Room (autofloor)". Then I changed the fps file from roty0=0, roty1=0 and roty2=0 to roty=90, roty1=90 and roty2=90 and that´s what I have:

What I´m doing wrong?

About the trap rooms, I know how to spawn entities once the player enters in a triggerzone. Now what I wanna know is how do you make weapons attack you as the enemies.

About the Cube you´re right, [bOnePost[/b]. The map consists in a 4x4x4 cube, (64 small rooms in total). The goal of the game is to get out of the Cube finding the exit and avoiding the trap rooms. So I want the countdown working for the big Cube, not just 1 of his 64 rooms.

The Cube is us
Cornik
Years of Service
User Offline
PLease Help!!

The Cube is us
Cornik
Years of Service
User Offline
Come on! It can be so hard! I´m trying to learn how it works, but I´m not that good yet

The Cube is us
Cornik
Years of Service
User Offline
One more time... I need your help guys

The Cube is us

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 09:58:08
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 09:58:08