Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / Post your game idea here and win $100

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2006 16:47
Welcome noobs. The FPSC community is a warm and friendly one, people will be glad to help you with you problems and since we're all gamers, we all get excited by a good idea. But recently this particular forum has been getting flooded by good ideas.

Too much talk and not enough walk.

So here is my solution. Since there isn't an "ideas forum", I propose that if you have an idea, and you haven't yet started making your game, but its JUST SO GOOD that you have to share it, post it here.

By all means post it on the forums, but be warned. People get pretty pi55ed about showcases with nothing to show.So instead post here and discuss your ideas. Then once people have told you what they think, go back, work hard, press PRNTSCRN get some tasty pics, and then make your own post.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
I realise that this post isn't a showcase either, but I'm just trying to provide a solution to a problem. At least if people post ideas here and not on the forum itself, the board won't get clogged with pointless pre-dev chatter.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Disclaimer to win $100, you must post a full game dev brief (8-10 thousand words, written in arabic). ok ok, there was never a prize, I just wanted to make sure people would read this.

"Guns for show, knives for a pro."
SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2006 16:51
But I already have 5 thousand words in arabic butter's. What the hell am I going to do with it. I know, publish it asa book and earn $100 a week.

(For those of you with no humour, I was being sarcastic)

Papa Lazarou: Your my wife now!

Model Pack: Tools: http://www.league-of-lunatics.co.uk/3d/tools.htm
PureEvil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2006 01:51
is it ok if its stock media

?¨®´´?ˆ¬
ˆ† µ´å˜ß ?¨®´´?ˆ¬
Bet you didn't understand that. btw, ROCK ON, Resident Evil!!!
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2006 02:17 Edited at: 14th Apr 2006 02:20
This acceptable?

We all have our inner noob.
Join the NJL: We have MORE fun!
When in doubt, blame a mod!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Maeko
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2006 02:36 Edited at: 14th Apr 2006 03:59
There was once a little guy that was mistreated because he had no hands and people laughed at him. His name was Player. Then Player got real angry and got a chaingun and blasted all the people away with his invisible hands. But the maker kept on pausing him and putting him in a grid system, and making more moon floor segments with enemies along with it. Player got weeeeaaallly mad because all the people had big guns and the maker only gave Player a colt45 with 1 bullet.

Then Player went insane and jumped off the segment and went into an abyss that could never be reached by any technology except magic. He found himself falling down from the sky into the middle of a forest, with some skeletons roaming about. With only 1 bullet in a measly gun, Player walks into the far forest.

To be continued...

I win!!
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2006 03:10
it has to be in arabic... and I am the only one with arabic words!

Dave J
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2006 03:57
This is a good idea since a lot of people post their storylines without screenshots. Could we please have less of the arabic jokes in this thread and more people posting their ideas? Thanks.

Good job Butter fingers, it's great to see people trying to come up with solutions to some of the problems we've been having lately.

"Computers are useless, they can only give you answers."
Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2006 04:21
Thanks Dave. Yeah, uh there is no prize, I'm just making this as a kind of dev ideas post place. It WOULD be nice if it didn't get filled up with crap.

"Guns for show, knives for a pro."
PureEvil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2006 05:37 Edited at: 14th Apr 2006 05:38
well u hurt my feelings. you cant go around insulting people and not expect to be insulted back. im only sorry if your sorry. if your not, to bad for you.

also butterfingers theres a big difference between newb and noob... best to call them newbs

?¨®´´?ˆ¬
ˆ† µ´å˜ß ?¨®´´?ˆ¬
Bet you didn't understand that. btw, ROCK ON, Resident Evil!!!
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2006 05:46 Edited at: 14th Apr 2006 05:54
Newbies, less slang.
Personally Thanks Dave J for his work here and apologises for the 'arabic joke' (he did say it had to be in arabic )

Guys, lets keep this thread clean, it is for ideas, and we all know how you all HATE idea threads, at least this one will keep it in one place, and that is NOT so you can flame them all at once. Respect our citizens, or we will have none in the end.

Go look for *beware* if you don't know what I mean.

Maeko
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2006 06:25
So about my game idea, anyone likie?
Dave J
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2006 06:44
Just deleted all posts unrelated to the topic at hand, I once again urge everyone to not ruin what could potentially be a very useful thread.

"Computers are useless, they can only give you answers."
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2006 06:58 Edited at: 14th Apr 2006 06:59
FPSC needs a flamethrower weapon so people can use it in their game and not on the forum.
Seriously,though,here are some ideas.
We need like sets of models.A grocery set,a gas station set,a hotel set,etc.
Ceiling segments that look like a sky.That way you can enclose your environment and it still looks open.I have been working on this but have not been able to find the pics I need to pull this off.
More recreational equipment.A pool table,a pinball machine,etc.
I am working on some of this but I am not an expert.

FLA
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 20th Apr 2006 17:38
Game Name: Salvatore (Italian for Savior)

Setup:

Year 2008:
Japanese scientists working in the field of nanotechnology in an attempt to cure cancer accidently create the first intelligent virus. No one knows exactly how or when the virus was released, but within six weeks, 99.9 percent of all living things on the earth are dead. Only a few immune survivors exist across the globe.

Year 2013:
The days of racial, religious and political hatred are gone. There are only two groups of people in the world; the evil and the good. Migrating to their own kind since the day of devastation, people have banded together in small groups in order to survive. Supplies and patience are growing thin as tensions between the groups grow.

The good stay mostly underground these days, hiding from what would be certain death if they were to be discovered, and come to the surface only when necessary for food and supplies. The surface is home to the evil ones. They are up there planning for the future. What this future holds is anyone's guess, but one thing is certain.... it does not include the good.

Soon after the devastation, when both groups roamed freely on the surface, there was rumor of new leader, a just and powerful one who would bring order and purpose to the new world. Those rumors have since turned to frightened whispers of a ruthless and evil being, a monster who rules with death and destruction and requires men's souls.

The game:

You are Salvatore, and though you reside with the good now, you feel no real kinship with them. Their absence of backbone and failure to defend themselves sickens you. You are the only one left in your group who will still go up to the surface for food and supplies. The rest cower below, telling stories of torture and death on the surface and waiting to die.

Soon you will go up again, but you swear not to return this time. You will make a place for yourself above. If they will not follow you, then you will go alone, but you will have your own place in this new world, even if it means the destruction of the evil one himself.

Level 1: Up to the Surface

To be continued.....

Crazy Grandpa
brummel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2006 18:56
Really nice storyline!

op89x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2006 20:47
I like that storyline, but it could use some polish. One could argue that there is no such thing as good or evil, so it's best to tell us why the groups are so, instead of labeling them right away.

Also, if your name means savior, why are we abandoning the people? Why do we vow never to come back to them?

Avaric Entertainment
Team Leader/Lead Developer
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 20th Apr 2006 21:10
One could argue that there are no demons, no zombies or vampires or aliens........ but it's a game.

You swear not to return underground. That doesn't mean you won't save your people.

Crazy Grandpa

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 07:20:49
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 07:20:49