Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / Need a CCTV camera script please

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi people, i've got this CCTV camera that rotates on the wall but that is all it does, can so one give a script that will make it so when it sees me it will do something like set off an alarm and open a remote door so the gaurds can come out, or if it gets destroyed it does the same thing.

many thanks

BLACK TOWER
Zeppelin 37BDF
Years of Service
User Offline
I am not the greatest when it comes to scripting, but you might be able to use a trigger zone around the camera. When the trigger zone is entered, you can have a script where some guards enter the area. YOu can also use soundinzone for the alarm sound. Hope this helps.
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2006 20:19 Edited at: 17th Apr 2006 20:19
All it does is rotate on the wall?Do you have any idea what a pain in the backside it can be to animate a model for FPSC?
Anyways,you will have to use a triiger zone.The default script can be hit or miss so I would suggest searching the scripts forum for the trigger zone script you need.

FLA
We are all noobs at something!
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2006 20:56 Edited at: 17th Apr 2006 23:19
Gets a gun and shoots everyone who says the words 'trigger zone'

Trigger zones are gay. Slows down FPSC with aditional calculations and aren't pin point accurate.

plrcanbeseen is also gay, slows FPSC down quite a bit, but is a hell of alot more accurate then triggerzones

plrdistwithin is fast, but inaccurate, like the zone, all it does is tell if the plr is in a distance, not if seen, however, it is precalculated so you might as well use it.

as for animating a rotating object... laughs... rotateiy is used for rotating objects... problems include timer being stupid.

Thus,

:state=0:rotateiy=60,state=1,timerstart
:state=1,timergreater=1500:rotateiy=-120,state=2,timerstart
:state=2,timergreater=1500:rotateiy=120,state=1,timerstart
:plrdistwithin=500,plrcanbeseen:activateifused=1
:shotdamage=1:activateifused=1

general concept. Not only will it 'see' you like a REAL CAMERA would, but if you watch it, you can dodge it. Adjust the feild of view in the entitys settings, and make it blinder by adjusting plrdistwithin.

Problem is, you NEED to have it animated by FPSC not in the model, that is because the model doesn't tell fpsc which direction it is faceing.

the ACTIVATEIFUSED feild needs a script to activate, and that is for later.

We all have our inner noob. Join the NJL, and have more fun!
I believe society is flawed; our notions on life, on child rearing, stem too far back to be of relevance in this day and time.
brummel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2006 22:58
damage, not dammage. Im not offending you onepost, im just pointing it out so the script works properly.

Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2006 23:27 Edited at: 17th Apr 2006 23:28
I'm not offended, that is a very common mistake for me.

What I am offended by is how quickly the triggerzonuplitus virus has spread. They have uses, some of those obviously being the fact that you can shape it to an area. But please don't throw a triggerzone in there and use it for an dynamic entity.

And then there is the fact that because of triggerzonuplitus people no longer learn the other commands. It is insane, there is only so much you can do with that zone, but much more you can do with everything else.

We all have our inner noob. Join the NJL, and have more fun!
I believe society is flawed; our notions on life, on child rearing, stem too far back to be of relevance in this day and time.
Black Tower
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks alot guys, I will see if they work or not

BLACK TOWER
Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
Are you using Bond's camera, by the way, Black Tower?

Tom

Support your local Riker 9 Chapter.
Black Tower
Years of Service
User Offline
yes i am Tom

BLACK TOWER

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 16:59:34
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 16:59:34