Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / Help! Doors on the floor

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Is there anyway you can put doors on the floor or in the ceiling? I tried changing the "roty" to 90, but it doesn´t work. Please help!

The Cube is us
Cornik
Years of Service
User Offline
Come on! At least tell if it is possible or not

The Cube is us
BIG computer geek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2006 00:39
no... unless you make it in the segment editor, of course!

The 'Ghastly Panic' Is in production as 'Version 2'

Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2006 06:04
or just editing the... fps?

you also need to rotate the bust(wrong term)... that is the part that makes the hole.

We all have our inner noob. Join the NJL, and have more fun!
I believe society is flawed; our notions on life, on child rearing, stem too far back to be of relevance in this day and time.
Cornik
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "no... unless you make it in the segment editor, of course!"

I tried something, but it doesn´t work Some hints would be very helpful (on how-to do it)

Quote: "or just editing the... fps?"

How?

Quote: "you also need to rotate the bust(wrong term)..."

I´m sorry, but I don´t know what you´re talking about...

Please help! I´m desperate!

The Cube is us
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 20th Apr 2006 18:31 Edited at: 20th Apr 2006 18:33
1. Using the floor texture of the existing floor, create a new floor segment with a hole in it the size you want the door.

2. The easiest way is to use an existing door from entities since it already has the open/close animation, in which case you would make the hole no bigger than the door you want to use.

3. Replace the section of floor where you want the trap door with your new section.

4. Position a door (entity) over the hole so it looks right.

5. If your next question is "How do I create a segment with a hole in it?", then you should probably ask someone to do it for you.

Crazy Grandpa
Cornik
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "If your next question is "How do I create a segment with a hole in it?", then you should probably ask someone to do it for you.
"

You´re right. But, as far as I know, you can´t rotate the door in order to put it on the floor...

The Cube is us
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2006 02:43

This is how you make holes, just have a model the shape of the doorway, but a lot deeper.

Aperantly FPSC doesn't like rotating about the x or z axis.

I believe society is flawed; our notions on life, on child rearing, stem too far back to be of relevance in this day and time.
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2006 17:34
Use the number 1 key and the letter r to rotate entities.

Crazy Grandpa
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2006 03:31
yes... entitys.

We want to rotate SEGMENTS, or actually models IN segments.

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2006 16:15 Edited at: 22nd Apr 2006 16:42
OK, listen (read) carefully.

Place the door "entity" (notice, not door segment, but entity) over the hole in the floor. Then position it using the 1 and r keys.

Crazy Grandpa
Cornik
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank´s! I´ll try this, because my game won´t work If I don´t have this "special doors" I need

The Cube is us
Cornik
Years of Service
User Offline
I have a problem. The code to make holes on the door doesn´t work, or maybe I´m doing something wrong. This is my door segment with your code

What´s the problem?

The Cube is us
bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2006 18:21 Edited at: 24th Apr 2006 18:36
All the floors in FPSC are set to be immune to CSG, meaning that they are immune to punching holes such as doorways. This is why there isn't a gaping hole in the floor wherever there's a doorway.

To make floors behave like walls, you'll have to open the room's FPS file and change the floor mesh property "csgimmune" to a value of "0".

Or else make your own floor segments in the segment editor to be non-csg immune.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My FPSC stuff at http://hyrumark.zftp.com/FPSC/hyrumarkfpsc.htm
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2006 00:19
Quote: "1. Using the floor texture of the existing floor, create a new floor segment with a hole in it the size you want the door."

I dont know what graphics program you use. I use PhotoShop.

Create a new transparant image 512x512. Copy the texture of the floor you will be using to the new image. Delete the portion where the hole will be. Save it as a .jpg. Then use a program like Signs or MagicFPS to create a floor segment with it.

Crazy Grandpa
Cornik
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok, here´s what I have
Changing the csginmune to "0" doesn´t work. For some reason the texture turns grey and you can´t fall through the hole.
About the transparent texture segment with photoshop. Alright, it looks good, there´s the hole, you can see through it butthe segment is still solid. Once again you can´t fall trough the hole...
Any suggestions?

The Cube is us
bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2006 03:13 Edited at: 28th Apr 2006 03:14
Hmm only thing that I can think is to make your own floor segment in the segment editor and set csgimmune property from within the segment editor.

Now that I think about it, if I remember correctly from the notes that came with the segment editor, there is a specific order that must be followed when creating csg meshes (contrary to what the video tutorial demonstrates).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My FPSC stuff at http://hyrumark.zftp.com/FPSC/hyrumarkfpsc.htm
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2006 23:35
@Cornik

Yea, sorry about that. I just tried it and as you already know, it didn't work. I was thinking that I had done it that way, but maybe I just left the floor segment out before. I'll try to figure it out.

Crazy Grandpa
Cornik
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Hmm only thing that I can think is to make your own floor segment in the segment editor and set csgimmune property from within the segment editor."

Once again, it didn´t work

Quote: "I'll try to figure it out."

Thanks for the effort! This is very important for me, and I feel we´re closer than ever before

The Cube is us
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2006 19:03 Edited at: 30th Apr 2006 19:04
Ok, this works. I'm sure it's not the only way, but it's one way.

I attached a link to the level, "Trap Door" so you can see it in action and have all the files.

http://www.xplosys.com/fpsc/TrapDoor.zip

The floor section with the hole is an arch made with "MagicFPS".
I just placed a door entity above and positioned it. The rest you can see.

Crazy Grandpa
Cornik
Years of Service
User Offline
Awesome! But I dont understand how to do it. What do I have to move [bwhere[/b]? Then How do I use it in fps creator? Thanks!

The Cube is us
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2006 22:00
The hole in the floor is an entity (an arch) made with MagicFPS, using the texture of the existing floor. In the editor, remove a floor section and replace it with the arch. Then cover it with a door entity.

You will want to make your own to match your existing floor.

I don't know how else to explain it.

Crazy Grandpa
Cornik
Years of Service
User Offline
And where´s the arch? The only thing I can find in the entititybank folder is the floorArch.bin, floorArch.dbo and wood1tex.dds What am I supossed to do with them?
Anyway, I forgot to tell you that I need a square hole, not an arch hole. The only door I will use in my game is the door_d, which is square. Sorry about that!

The Cube is us
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2006 23:38
Quote: "Anyway, I forgot to tell you that I need a square hole, not an arch hole."

I'm not making your game or the segments/entities you need. I'm only trying to answer your question.

Quote: "Is there anyway you can put doors on the floor or in the ceiling? I tried changing the "roty" to 90, but it doesn´t work. Please help!"

Crazy Grandpa
Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2006 08:07 Edited at: 2nd May 2006 08:15
@xplosys,

Greetings. I have both MagicFPS and E.C.S. Professional. It was a snap! Good problem solving. Thanks very much for the contribution to the community!

@Cornik,

I suggest making a meager investment in E.C.S. Professional, if you would like an effortless way to create the custom floor and trap door combination you seek.

It'd be easy to import a custom floor (complete with that square hole) into E.C.S. Professional and size & align it real time into position. A custom .fpe will be generated for the floorpiece, including any texture you choose.

Open up your new floorpiece in FPSC, turn the door 90 degrees, place it into position, and you're all set!

I hope this helps you in your endeavors. Anything else that you need to learn regarding this procedure is available in the FPSC manual, or on these boards. You must learn to fend for yourself.

TTFN,

Seth Black

P.S. The arch was created with MagicFPS. You would have to recreate the .x and .fpe files to be able to use it. It must be created as an ENTITY, not SEGMENT for it to rotate properly.

"...I'm sorry, could you repeat your question a little louder? I'm a trifle deaf in this ear."

- Willie Wonka
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2006 07:10
Reminder to Self...
Try to combind arch and door into segment...

just basically as the door segmenet has an entity, you just need to propperly possition the arch as another entity and remove all segment data...

Cornik
Years of Service
User Offline
Lol I have to be very very stupid, because I can´t understand anything you say I think that I´d need one of those "How to make a door on the floor step-by-step for dummies", or I won´t be able to use that great files from Xplosys and suggestions from Seth Black and Onepost. Heeeelp!

The Cube is us

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 08:21:51
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 08:21:51