Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / I want to have the death of an enemey trigger the opening of a door

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2006 22:31
Is there any script you can attach to the death of an enemy which will allow it to open an otherwise locked door? I have a room full of soldiers, gave the last one more health which made him hard to kill, and tried making his death into a door remote instead of using one of the standard scripts for a dying character. Can I direct the death animation script this way? Make it run something which lets the door open so the player can go to the next challenge?

Student Programmer
BIG computer geek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2006 00:43
i think if you set the if used box (if there is one on characters) to 'Remote Door' (use that type of door) it may work, but im not shure

The 'Ghastly Panic' Is in production as 'Version 2'

Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
Characters don't have an IF Used box, but objects do, so you could find a way to open the door by destroying an object, or more by going here:

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=67972&b=24

When you get the script for the Counter:
State={number}
The number should be edited. So if you want the player to destroy 3 objects to open the door, it will be
State=3
Hope this helps,

Tom

Support your local Riker 9 Chapter.
DaReDeViL
Years of Service
User Offline
tom's may work (i havnt checked) but you could put an entity in the room with 1 str (make it so the player cant see it) when the enemy dies, make it explode for like 2 dmg, which will blow up the entity, which would have the door in the IF USED box. hope it helps c ya
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2006 01:53
characters DO have an ifused field, that is something I have been saying for a long time.

Just edit an enemys FPE (found in entitybank) and add ifused=remote door

death script
activateondeath.fpi
:state=0:activateifused=1,suspend,state=1

We all have our inner noob. Join the NJL, and have more fun!
I believe society is flawed; our notions on life, on child rearing, stem too far back to be of relevance in this day and time.
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2006 02:29
Quote: "characters DO have an ifused field"

Yeah baby!

~ ~
step1

Don't forget to visit Conjured Entertainment

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 05:13:13