Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / Make an enimie run on way point

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Is their a way to make an enimie run with a waypoint i need it for my game please help me
Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2006 11:56
It's quite simple.

With some (if not most) of the scripts that come with the game, waypoint following is alreay available. All you have to do is click on the little flag on the icon bar, and it will add a star in the centre of the screen (a waypoint marker). Pressing shift and clicking on the star will create another smaller one, and you can drag this around to make a path. You can then repeat this process by shift-clicking the smaller star, creating another star which you can also drag.

If an enemy is using the default "pace.fpi", they will follow the waypoints until they spot you, and then will start shooting. If you use "follow.fpi", their only job will be to follow the waypoint, and that's all they'll do.

Hope that explains it. And all of this is in the manual, if you searched (with Ctrl+F) for "waypoint", it would take you straight to the info. Try that next time if you can.

Evil has a new name.
Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2006 02:39
Quote: "make an enimie run"

I think he wants the character to RUN along the waypoints instead of walk... I would like to know how to do this also...
Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2006 04:41 Edited at: 27th Apr 2006 04:42
Ah, okay. This is a lot easier than you'd think. All you have to do is edit the "follow.fpi" script (provided you're using that one), and change the "animate=2" command to "animate=5", which is the running animation. I've included the slightly altered script here:

Hm, weird, that didn't seem to work. Oh well, I'll keep working on it.

Evil has a new name.
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2006 16:31
Jiffy,

I'm not sure its that easy - FPSC is a really tricky prog as you know and many things it seems to consider unchangable from the default when in fact in theory we should via changing a simple script command be able to easily change to another default animation or indeed an animation we may have made ourselves.

I am working with characters myself now with new scripts and animations setup and I still need to do some more testing to see how FPSC fully behaves in such situations.

Its a bit fussy and often not at all kind to the user

Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2006 17:16
your right about the running thing. If they're un-armed and you change it to animate5 they'll run, but since there is no "run-with-weapon" animation, changing it to 5 will have no effect on an armed enemy.

pretty much no way around it im afraid!

"Guns for show, knives for a pro."
Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2006 09:18
Ok... thanks... I'm lucky I just wanted an unarmed guy to run into a room...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 10:52:12
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 10:52:12