Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / im new and i downloaded the trial

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
hi, im dutch im 15 and i love fps creator, but i downloaded the trial btw.
my question is how to let ai do all kinds of stuff like walk on waypoints,anims,actions and stuff.
like sittin behind a computer and all that kinda things
help is regarded.

john

im new to fps creator and i downloaded the trial
Halfling 990
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2006 15:15
have u searched? and btw it worth buying for £29.99 this is a good deal..... u get a handy manual to
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2006 01:02
Read the pdf manual that came with the demo.

FLA
We are all noobs at something!
Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
Another 10 year old...greeeat.

john beyer
Years of Service
User Offline
wot u mean, another 10 year old?

does that matter tom?

anyway thanks for the "help"

im new to fps creator and i downloaded the trial
New Comers Corner
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2006 18:13
Don't be discouraged. FPSC is great. Just read the PDF manual with the demo to catch on about building the game, and read the script forum to learn how to modify and create scripts. Thats hard at first because its not basic and its not c, and nothing you write at first works, but in a couple of days you'll catch on its a simple language and can write your own fpi scripts in a text editior as long as they're saved with an .fpi extension. A semicolon is a comment--

;this is a comment

a command starts with a colon and all the first part does is say what "state" the entity is in, then there is one more colon ":" and beyong that is what the entity will do--

:state=0:setalphafade=100,runfpidefault=1

Notice there are only two colons per line. You have to gradually pick up on what keywords like "setalphafade" do. Read the answers people give here in the script forum, they're really helpful. I've only been using this a week and don't know much, but when you write a script put it in the user folder in files scriptbank. Just remember to save it as an .fpi extension, don't let a text processor give it a .txt extention, and you can attach your script to any active entity thats glowing green.

Building rooms has it's own learning curve but again you'll learn by doing. And the other answer was right, its worth buying at the price.

:

Student Programmer
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2006 21:57
Quote: "dutch"

Cool!

ik ook,
nou aan de alle anderen haten beginners een beetje denk ik...
nou ja, FPSC is een goed programma,je moet alleen om de "Fouten" heen werken.Soms is het irritant maar er is altijd een oplossing.ook zal het forum je helpen met 2D objecten en meer.Dus ik vind het persoonlijk een kleigoed programma MAAR,je kan niet alles doen...

@all the others:

Try to translate that!

[href]www.freewebs.com/edromeproductions[/href]
look there for all my model packs latest updtes and other stuff!
(its not old yet)
Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2006 22:37 Edited at: 27th Apr 2006 22:38
I also, now at the all others hate beginners a little bit think I.. Now yes, FPSC is a good program, must work is is will help find can do you only the "Mistakes" away. Sometimes the irritating but there always a solution. also the forum you with 2D objects and more. Thus I the personal a clay good program ONLY, you not everything..

bow down

atleast i think

my dutch is a tad rusty

i feel like a GOD!!!! everyone KNOWS ME!!!!
Nerdboy
Years of Service
User Offline
Actually, back to Halfling, I think I agree that buying the full version is a smart plan. There are so many things you're missing in the demo, and some people just download it and think FPSC is not the best.
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2006 15:52
Quote: "my dutch is a tad rusty"

WTF?

you know dutch?

[href]www.freewebs.com/edromeproductions[/href]
look there for all my model packs latest updtes and other stuff!
(its not old yet)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 09:59:27
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 09:59:27