Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / My First FPSC game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2006 13:40 Edited at: 27th Apr 2006 16:21
Hey guys I have recently gotten FPSC and started messing around with the engine. So far I really like it and it seems quite powerfull. After playing some of the cool horror games which people are making and also being a fan of that genre of game I decided to try making one myself. At the moment I have been spending time with lighting trying to make the ga,e really dark and eerie. Also using certain sound effects and ambience to help make the mood a little more "on the egde of your seat". I haven't gotten a name as of yet or any backing story. However I do know that it's a zombie horror game (oooo how original). I would like to have used some other monster but I haven't seen any models and I can't model to save my life. The game is set in a lab/military complex situated on mars. Again, the game is heavily inspired off Doom 3 which you might notice from some screenshots or what not. I'll come up with a basic story and plot line soon enough. At the moment I'm just making some levels and testing. Here's the first screenshot I have taken which I think looks pretty decent to me compaired to some of the great standard I have seen on this forum.

Any comments or criticism (constructive of course) will be appreciated. Thanks for checking this out.
Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2006 15:40 Edited at: 27th Apr 2006 15:41
I do quite like the "crossfade" effect of the area, and although the shot is pretty bare, I'd have to say I like it.

And yeah, there are a fair amount of zombie games. However, using some imagination and a bit of skill, you can really set your game apart. The community can really help push you in the right direction if you ask kindly enough, and you'll find that you can really utilise some of the scripts and such found here and use them in interesting ways--my new demo relied a lot on such things, but in the end, it seems to have worked out (of course, the demo isn't out yet, so I probably shouldn't be making claims like that ).

Anyway, I'm rambling again. Good shot, I wish you luck with the project. At times it can get frustrating, but in the end it pays off.

Heh, I think I've gone into "wise" mode again, folks.

Evil has a new name.
Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2006 15:51 Edited at: 27th Apr 2006 15:52
the problem with fpsc is that too many people make lightmapped rooms/hallways and then call it a game

Quote: "And yeah, there are a fair amount of zombie games"

don't look at me, i started mine ages ago

my forum - still in development
Nigezu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2006 15:52 Edited at: 27th Apr 2006 15:53
Screenie looks promising!
Nice use of lightning!

Intel Pentium 4 Processor 519 3.06 Ghz, 1536 MB DDR, Ati Radeon 9550 256MB
Aydan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2006 16:11 Edited at: 27th Apr 2006 16:31
Ok guys thanks for the comments so far. As for it being plain, I know that but this was a sort of concept/wallpaper style shot if ya get me haha. I think the lighting makes it really efefctive though. I'll have to make a trailer sometime because there's alot of things screenshots can't show

bear in mind though guys I'm new to FPSC and haven't used it much.

I have also edited the first post and used a thumbnail. It's better than having the entire page spread out. It's a pain, especially for those of you who might have smaller resolutions.
creator of zombies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2006 16:48
well done Aydan, good screenie keep up the good work

jos

ZOMBIES-THE GAME!!! ps- I gave the demo to my mate and he did'nt sleep for a week
SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2006 16:53
I actually really like that screen shot. Seamless textures always make a game look great. The lighting is also spot on, which takes away the empty feeling.

Papa Lazarou: Your my wife now!

Model Pack: Tools: http://www.league-of-lunatics.co.uk/3d/tools.htm
creator of zombies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2006 21:07
bump

ZOMBIES-THE GAME!!! ps- I gave the demo to my mate and he did'nt sleep for a week
Aydan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2006 01:33
Haha no need to bump my friend. If people had something to say I'm sure they would have by now. Ah well thanks for the comments so far guys. I'm working on some more good shots for you all and I'm cooking up a story and name for the game to create a proper thread soon enough. Thanks guys!

.PS.

Oh by the way (hope this isn't ging to get me flamed) but I dunno I'm new so I'll take the risk, how do you create custom HUDS and Crosshiars? I dont see any image file anywhere. All I see are weird files and have no Idea how to edit/open them. Sorry if this is a pretty dumb questions.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 08:11:13
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 08:11:13