Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / Questions (decals via trigger zones, invisible things, entities enemys, walls)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I´ve some questions for you. It would be great if you could help me with some of them

1- How do you spawn decals via trigger zones?

2- Is there anyway you can turn segments or entities invisible? You know, they´re there but you can´t see them.

3- Is there any way to change entities scripts so they attack you like the enemys? (basically I need guns shooting at you for themselves)

4- Is the anyway to make a global countdown? I mean, you have 20 minutes to reach the winzone or you´ll die and you will have to start again.

5- I have a big problem with the doors and the walls. I made a whole room piece by piece using the “wall large” segment (6 copies indeed, each one with a different texture) but for some reason the floor segments behind the “special” walls disappeared, as you can see here

[img=http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/1694/puertas6xo.jpg]

So I want to use these walls without touching the floor. What do I have to change in the fpe scripts of the segments to fix the problem?

Thanks everybody!

The Cube is us
Cornik
Years of Service
User Offline
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2006 23:05
1- How do you spawn decals via trigger zones?
attach to decal.fpi
:activated=0:setalphafade=0
:activated=1:setalphafade=100

2- Is there anyway you can turn segments or entities invisible? You know, they´re there but you can´t see them.
attach to script.
::setalphafade=0

3- Is there any way to change entities scripts so they attack you like the enemys? (basically I need guns shooting at you for themselves)
Explain

4- Is the anyway to make a global countdown? I mean, you have 20 minutes to reach the winzone or you´ll die and you will have to start again.
Yes, but there is issues with timer...

attach to skull
::followplr
:state=0:timerstart,state=1
:timergreater=1200000:plrmoveto=Win Zone

Yes it is a script... save to notepad... move in files\scriptbank

5- I have a big problem with the doors and the walls. I made a whole room piece by piece using the “wall large” segment (6 copies indeed, each one with a different texture) but for some reason the floor segments behind the “special” walls disappeared, as you can see here

Don't use the wall large segment... it is a bad segment.

We all have our inner noob. Join the NJL, and have more fun!
I believe society is flawed; our notions on life, on child rearing, stem too far back to be of relevance in this day and time.
Cornik
Years of Service
User Offline
Lol I love you man. Awesome, thank you!

Quote: "3- Is there any way to change entities scripts so they attack you like the enemys? (basically I need guns shooting at you for themselves)
Explain"

Well, the idea is very easy. You enter in a room, and suddenly the minigun (for example)attacks you. Not a guy with a minigun. Just the entity "minigun". I tried changing the script from weaponglow.fpi to shoot.fpi, but it doesn´t work . Any idea?

Quote: "Don't use the wall large segment... it is a bad segment"

But it´s the only wall segment you can choose in the fps Creator. And if I make my own wall segment with the Segment Editor, I still have the same problem with the floor. Help!

+ And a stupid question. What´s the difference between the decal.fpi, decalfixed.fpi and decalflat.fpi?

The Cube is us
randbo
Years of Service
User Offline
first of all, let me shoot you just for the IDEA of a game timer.
i have been playing computer games for 30 years now and the one thing i absolutely HATED about any game was when the designer FORCED ME TO MOVE ALONG. man, i HATE max time limits. im not alone, either.
as for the wall segment, use a false wall as an entity. any segment is gonna have 4 walls and a floor, whether you see them or not.

use the false wall AS AN ENTITY and set its hp to 0 for invulnerability.
Cornik
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "man, i HATE max time limits"

The problems is, my game is based on a movie, and in that movie there were a lot of tension because of the time limit. So I need a countdown whether I like it or not, or the game just won´t work.

Quote: "Use the false wall AS AN ENTITY and set its hp to 0 for invulnerability"

As long as I know you can´t save entities as prefabs

The Cube is us
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2006 01:14
randbo, timelimits are an GOOD THING... I hate it when I can take 3 hours to kill a guy while the place is blowing up.

Also, wallsegments=bad. end story.

Cornik, use a regular segment and press the paintbrush that is painting a wall. (NOT a coridor)

I believe society is flawed; our notions on life, on child rearing, stem too far back to be of relevance in this day and time.
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2006 12:27
Yep.Am time limit is one twist a developer can throw into a game to make it more interesting.There are times when a time limit is good and there are times when it is bad.A developer has to remember to make sure the player can accomplish whatever he needs to do in said amount of time unless that developer is evil...lol.
Think about it.A time bomb with no timer is not a time bomb...

FLA
We are all noobs at something!
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2006 22:36
Yep... halo2 = one big screwup.
too many places where you would need a timer, but isn't one.

Cornik
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Cornik, use a regular segment and press the paintbrush that is painting a wall(NOT a coridor)"

What are you talking about? You can´t paint wall segments wit floor segments. I´m sorry, but I don´t understand you...

Also, the 1, 2 and 4 questions didn´t work for some reason . Could you explain how to do them with more detail? Thanks!

The Cube is us
Cornik
Years of Service
User Offline
Please? Pretty please?

The Cube is us
Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
Select a room segment and press M to place wall only. Dont use large wall segment. END OF STORY.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 12:18:04
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 12:18:04