Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / Is this possible?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Is it possible to read a value from the registery and if the value is not x (for example,1234), then the game automaclly exit?

And is it possible to write a value to the registery whenever you kill a person or die?
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 6th May 2006 01:18
If you use a loader program for your game, you can have it read, write and check the registry before the game starts. Just depends on the program.

The game you make with FPSC has no way to access the registry.

Crazy Grandpa
Billwaa
Years of Service
User Offline
ok then, but how about a text file?

My plan was making a Online mode game, counting kills and deaths of the player. Allow multiple accounts for multiple user.

I was planning to merge Game Maker with FPSC, becuase this will be a unlimited power combination.
Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "merge Game Maker with FPSC"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, good one...

Tom

Billwaa
Years of Service
User Offline
what do yuo mean? You don't think it's a good idea? I am not kidding. Really, a lot of feature in GM, FPSC can't have.

If it is possible to write to a text file or some type of file in FPSC, then I can write a program in GM to communicate back and forth.

Here's a list of what could be possible:

-Save game/ Load game (I know a lot of people want this)
-Online Multiplayer account status, showing # of kills, death, score
-Online rank board
-Custom title page, movie, sound...
-Player load music or choose music to play

and more...

I just need to find a way to let them communicate between each other. Text file is the easiest way, by what I know so far. Of course I am going to encode it.
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 6th May 2006 16:35
GM will not communicate with FPSC. You would have to know DBPro to alter the source.

Read what you can find concering "Riker9" for more info.

Crazy Grandpa
Billwaa
Years of Service
User Offline
are you guys sure there is no way writing a number to a text file or whatever file?
__
Well, I can still make a custom menu with GM and then make it launch to actually game level, don't require communication from FPSC.

So anyway, I can have my own intro movie, website update info display, ad if I want to,

-Multi Account, counting how many times you played a level. Actually, I can probably make a 2D trainning mode, in GM, requiring that you complete certain trainning to do certain mission.
-Single player mode
-Multiplayer mode
-Credit
__

I am just sad that it can't count the kills you did.
K Jah
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2006 22:58
2D training mode - ha!
Sorry not good idea at all.

Dodic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2006 01:23 Edited at: 8th May 2006 01:23
You dont have to act that way , everyone is new sometime, and that is nothing Bad or any other discriminating thing.

Quote: "I was planning to merge Game Maker with FPSC, becuase this will be a unlimited power combination. "

Depends what you want, if you mean merging those into same exe...then not really possible, but if you want to make an exe that will run first in game maker, witch will later run the FPSC game, i guess that would be possible, i don`t think that it would be exactly the way you want it though.

Billwaa
Years of Service
User Offline
by 2D trainning mode, I mean like strategy top view trainning, strategy test taking... And other stuffs like that.
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2006 06:08 Edited at: 8th May 2006 06:09
@K Jah: Next you are gonna be saying colored bubbles isn't a good idea either.

Uhh... it looks like I made a refrence to Mahon VS Gadnis on your website...

Here, a patched version... no more brent god.

Billwaa, I hope the best for you, but remember... programming isn't allways as easy as it appears... and ideas, no matter how good, take time to finish... and time is something people don't allways want to give.

We all have our inner noob. Join the NJL, and have more fun!
I believe society is flawed; our notions on life, on child rearing, stem too far back to be of relevance in this day and time.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
K Jah
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2006 19:42
Sorry for 2d training joke. Now you've put more detail it actually sounds like a good idea.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 15:09:43
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 15:09:43