Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / Main Menu

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I know i've been asking alot of questions, but rest assured once i get the hang of this i'll be giving it back to the community. I would like to know if it's possible to create a main menu where the player can choose Single Player or Multiplayer, and on multiplayer mode, allowing the player to choose which map he would like to host/join. I thought about creating a menu in Visual Basic targetting multiple EXE's sharing the same folder(concerned about the user.ini) but i thought there might be an easier way within the FPSC scripts.

Another question, can a single player game be saved like a campain so that they dont have to start over from the beginning every time. I know i'm new to FPSC but i have to know if these things are possible in order to get my game plan together. Any information and/or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Illusion
X-Fleet.net
Evil Star
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2006 21:38
1. No idea

2. For the last time... THERE IS NO SAVE AND LOAD

Keyboard not found!
Press any key to continue
Programmer of Power
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2006 23:45
1: I don't think you can do this. I'm pretty sure you need 2 separate Exes. You might be able to make an external program though.

2: Save and load hasn't come out yet. Riker 9 is expected to give that feature. Look in the FPSC chat forum for information on that.

"I will work harder... if you ask me enough times."
XFS Illusion
Years of Service
User Offline
ya i suppose i can use 2 separate EXE's, hopefully i think i can share many of the same enity files among them so i dont have to double up and waste disk space. If so i can easily use DBP or VB to make an outside menu to call the EXE's that are selected.

Quote: "For the last time... THERE IS NO SAVE AND LOAD"

Evil Star, sorry if simply asking a question upset you...i was not aware the save and load topic was brought up before as i am new to these forums.

Illusion
X-Fleet.net
XFS Illusion
Years of Service
User Offline
Added

Illusion
X-Fleet.net
Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
Alright, in answer to your questions:
It could be possible to create that kind of menu. Most probably by making another application as the menu which launches the Single Player if it is clicked or the Multiplayer if it is clicked. That should work quite well and prove effective.
2. Save and load is not possible, but you could make each level as a .exe and password-protect them and give the Player the password for the next level each time they complete a level.

Tom

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2006 06:02
I believe OnePost made a menu which you could choose a single or multiplayer game but I am not sure.

FLa
Where you can find my demo:http://www.savefile.com/files/6970524
Essal
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2006 15:06
You Can make a Menu with GameFactory, (from Clickteam)
and then have it run the each of the seperate exe´s if you push a bottun

Killer Snails are Good-------------------

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 13:11:32
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 13:11:32