Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / How do you get a character to speak out to player when they see the player?!???

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2006 20:21
Hi guys,

Need a little help on this one...

I basically want a script file attached to an enemy character that speaks out to the player once the enemy has seen the player.

I made this modification to the script below to do this, But it doesn't work!

The line of code I added is where the sound file is at... What is wrong with this setup?!??

I also entertained the sound setting in the entity Properties as well! I set the property to point to the folder that cantains this sound file as well... But it wouldn't work either...

As an additional note here for clairty's sake... I used the sound property first before writing it into a script file as shown above..

Is there a certain way this has to be done? Any help will be greatly appreciated here, Thank You in advance...

Best Regards,

DoctorWho...
DrWho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2006 15:02
Hmmmmmmm.... This must be a really tough one here! I've been gone all night long and just got in this morning and seen that there wasn't no replies to this topic?!?? I guess this question has been asked before... Oh well, I'll keep trying at it until' I have something, And when I do, I'll post my findings here for everybody to benefit from! Thank's anyway guys!!

Best Regards,

DoctorWho...
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2006 19:52 Edited at: 12th May 2006 19:54
Do a search - there are some helpful scripts at this forum for download relating to character conversations.

I have some I have been working on recently specifically for my own game - but currently they are not for release in the public domain. Sorry

Do the search.

Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
People might not have posted cos they don't like you. One or two days is not long at all to tell someone something you friggin idiot.
Try here:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=62366&b=23
You see, we don't need your "findings"

Tom

DrWho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2006 15:21
@Tom0001

Quote: "People might not have posted cos they don't like you. One or two days is not long at all to tell someone something you friggin idiot.
"

Now that wasn't even called for at all! I started this topic asking for some help, And you come along and reply in such an un-professional manner as you just did! If you personally thought that my last reply was un-called for and such. Then why couldn't you of just kept your own comments to yourself, And let someone else come in that might want to help out! It's these kind of replies like yours is why I left the Blitz community because the most of them that I saw over there didn't want to help anybody! All they was doing from what I was seeing is just starting Flame-Wars as you just tried to do with your reply here! If you dont have anything decent to say to someone, Then dont say anything at all!! I would perfer it that way instead!

Quote: "You see, we don't need your "findings""

And what right do you think you have to tell me not to post my findings here? I written that reply to inform others that might be seeking the same situation as I am! I was just letting them know that if I come up with anything that I would gladly share with the rest of the FPSC community. You have no right to tell me not to post my findings here to help share with everyone else!

I find your conduct here to be very un-professional & un-called for!
If you didn't like what I said, then you shouldn't of replied in such an im-mature childish manner as you did! I apologize to the Mods and also to TGC for this here... But I personally think that Tom0001 behavour is totally uncalled for here for what I was asking. I apologize if it seemed that I was being impatient and all... But i did respond in a very appropreiate manner when I replied. I didn't attack nobody in any of my replies. I was very professional with my post-replies and still am even now with Tom0001's reply.

Anyways... As an additional note to you Tom0001, I sent an abusive report about you to TGC for your conduct & personal attack towards me here! I hope your happy now!

Anyways... Thank's to everybody else that tried to help out!

Best Regards,

DoctorWho...
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 13th May 2006 16:15
@DrWho

Tom0001 is not representative of this community and speaks only for himself. I apologize for his behavior and can assure you that you are not the only one who is reporting his behavior.

Sorry I can't help you with the script.

Crazy Grandpa
Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2006 16:41 Edited at: 13th May 2006 17:56
Quote: " And let someone else come in that might want to help out!"

Read what I said before you stupid fool. I gave you a direct link to something which will help, something which nobody else did.
You say I am un-professional and un-called for about 5 times, each in the same, yet slightly different manner. You call me unprofessional, yet being professional does not mean being nice. Being professional is partly of if the person spells and uses punctuation correctly or not, of which I did fully and you did not.
Take the word you used in your post: perfer for instance, should be prefer. Don't tell me what I can and can't do when you yourself told me not to tell you what you can and can't do. You claim I don't help but only atempt to start a flame war, but no flame war was started. It wasn't even a goddamn flame. I said that you should wait more than one or two days as advice, I helped you and gave you a little slap for not waiting longer than one or two days.

Not a flame. And i'm sure you will consider this reply to be a flame and report me again. You call me immature, yet go crying to the mods. That is immature-I can see you as the type of 6 year old kid who goes running to his mummy, screaming that the big bad "bully" told you the truth and he should be punished. Grow up,
Also, you tell me that if I thought your comment was uncalled for, then not to say anything, yet you think my comment was uncalled for and you don't keep your comment to yourself.

Tom

SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2006 18:00
DrWho, the mods dont care. Ive seen worse stuff posted and those people are still here, still the same. So crying to the mods wont help you much.

Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
I agree. Do you think they care about the FPSC forums anymore? People keep whining and whinging at me that all I do is flame. I've helped a lot and I still do, but NOOOOO, they just HAVE to say all I do is flame and winge and whine like little kids. It really does get old.

Tom

Evil Star
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2006 18:14
Quote: "I was very professional with my post-replies and still am even now with Tom0001's reply."

Was after

Quote: "I didn't attack nobody in any of my replies"

YOU CONTRIDICTED YOURSELF!

Keyboard not found!
Press any key to continue
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 13th May 2006 18:40
Tom0001 is just one of those really annoying, bored, spoiled, little kids who does this to get attention. We are hoping he will go away, but in the meantime, we all have to put up with these threads filled with his little crap, and more crap as he tries to defend what he is doing as somehow good and helpful.

Do us all a favor, Tom. Ask Mum for a puppy.

Crazy Grandpa
Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
xplosys, I don't defend what i'm doing? Shut the hell up and just leave it. Don't bother replying to this. I helped the guy, his questions answered, so thread closed. Don't bother replying to this, xplosys, DrWho or anyone else.

Tom

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2006 06:01
:state=20,plrdistfurther=20,plrcanbeseen:sound=audiobank\Ash\you_shall_die.wav
:state=20,plrdistfurther=20,plrcanbeseen:rotatetoplr,movefore=10,animate=2

State 20 has redundant conditions

---------------------------------------

:state=40,plrcannotbeseen,random=3:timerstart
:state=40,plrcannotbeseen,random=3,timergreater=30:rotateheadrandom=50
:state=40,plrcannotbeseen,random=3,timergreater=40:pivotrandom=50,movefore=10,animate=2

State 40 has redundant conditions
We already established that the player cannot be seen before we went to state 40

:state=20,plrcannotbeseen:state=40

------------------------------------

:state=40:state=20

that line sent us immediately back to state 20 thus making state 40 totally useless

-------------------------------------

:state=20,plrdistfurther=20,plrcanbeseen:sound=audiobank\Ash\you_shall_die.wav

Getting back to this one... I like to move to another state once a condition is met.
Otherwise you are endlessly performing that action.
It's continual reload is what is preventing it from playing.

Hope this helps.

Don't forget to visit Conjured Entertainment
Lizblizz
Years of Service
User Offline
Tom is an a$$ who care all i know is hes gonna start getting all pushy and moody cause he has a realy bad additude!!! so lets not talk about tom cause he is worthless little punk.

Drwho i hope the best 4 you and good luck...Dont ley tom get you down he just wasnt raised right - -

Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "just wasnt raised right"

Neither were your kids.

Tom

DrWho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2006 15:57
@ Conjured Entertainment

Thank you for you kind help with this. this is EXACTLY the kind of help I was asking for. And Conjured Entertainment did just that without talking down to me like Tom0001 did. This is the kind of professional attitude that I was talking about! And yes my english & grammer is horrible and I freely admit that clearly! English & grammer wasn't one of my favourite subjects, Nor was I the best at it! But that still doesn't give anybody the right to put someone down just because of that.

@Lizblizz

Thank you, And I wont let Tom0001's rotten attitude get to me! I've dealt with similar people like him before, Actually more worse than him! The Blitz3D forums are far more worse than these here, Trust me on this one, I know! they love flame-wars over there. And there are only a small hand full of people in thoes communities that actually try to help a person out.

@xplosys

Thank's for your kind support and for at least trying to help a guy out. I appreciate it..

@Evil Star

Quote: "YOU CONTRIDICTED YOURSELF!"

How do figure? I can't see the contridiction here?!? I never personally attacked anybody!!! I can't see why you think I contridicted myself here?!?? Anyways... I respect your view never the less..

Higgins

Quote: "DrWho, the mods dont care. Ive seen worse stuff posted and those people are still here, still the same. So crying to the mods wont help you much.
"

Ok... Duely noted, I wasn't aware of that! I thought that they might listen is why I posted & reported as such! Thank's for replying though, And I appreciate your comments.

@Tom0001

Quote: "Read what I said before you stupid fool. I gave you a direct link to something which will help, something which nobody else did.
"

It's the way you gave it Tom0001, The first part of your sentance was yet again another direct attack towards me for nothing at all!
You could of gave help without insulting me & calling me childish names as you yet again has just done!! the only one that is a fool here is YOU!!! Look a little further down in the replies and you'll find this user here ---> Conjured Entertainment That was very helpful, MORE THAB YOU WAS!!! And also didn't insult me in anyway size or form! He looked at my problem and gave a solution to the problem in the script I was using.. This is being helpful towards somebody here!!! Not insulting them & calling them childish names as you have done. You could learn alot from Conjured Entertainment and the way he does things. Conjured Entertainment clearly shows his professionalism in his reply!

Quote: "You say I am un-professional and un-called for about 5 times, each in the same, yet slightly different manner. You call me unprofessional, yet being professional does not mean being nice."

So you're basically admiting that your NOT professional because you can't be nice to someone without insulting them & calling out childish names as you so often do from what I hear from others on here. Most professional people are also professional with other people without all the rudness & hatfulness like you show! You basically are saying you aren't a people person because you dont know how to treat a person! If you can't be nice to other people and such... Then you're clearly not professional in anyway PERIOD!!
Grow up man! Only teenage kids talk to other people like this. Unless you are a teenager?!? you sound like your around 14 years old by the way you act on here. And 0001 in your screen name must represent your I.Q. level as well... 1% <---?!??

Now that last comment of mine could be taken as a personal attack towards Tom0001... But considering his replies have lashed out on me ever since this thread started, I think im' due to at least one comment on my own behalf in my own defence. So Tom0001, Take it as you see it, I personally don't give a dam what you think because your intellect is that of a carrot. And most vegetables like you I dont associate with. So you can go on saying crazy stupid crap like you have been doing, And probably will yet again because your the type of person that will do such childish things as that, and im' no longer going to be paying any attention to any more of your replies as i see you as a very rude, mean, and rotten person all the way around. And you do nothing more than get your rock's off of doing nothing more than making everybody else's experience on the FPSC forums a miserable place to be! it's people like YOU that gives public forums a bad name to where nobody wants to be part of it at all... So from now on, Im' shutting you out and ignoring anymore of your crappy replies. Good Day sir!

Best Regards,

DoctorWho...
Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
Look, i've had enough of all this flaming and fighting, so let's drop this now, ok, DrWho?

Tom

Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2006 18:40
Drwho your just really rude tom isnt mean, unless your mean to him.

http://ninjasoftforum.proboards107.com
dark heart
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2006 09:29
hehehe...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-07 18:12:48
Your offset time is: 2024-05-07 18:12:48