Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / Free Flight

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
i'm probably wrong on this, but i got to thinking. If a person was to replace a starting weapon with a cockpit view, would it be possible to write a script to allow total 3d movement and target other planes? Of course, the "falling" would have to be disabled assuming that can be done. If it was possible, then this engine might could be used to go a tad bit beyond the FPS that it was built to do. Just a thought i felt worth mentioning.

Illusion
X-Fleet.net
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2006 16:15
For various reasons that you will encounter if you work with FPSC long enough you will discover its not really practical to attempt such as this.

Apart from anything else - vehicles, aircraft and so forth will quickly exhaust the world size during movement - you will fall out before you get your accelleration going. Of course you could go up/down and around in small circles though its not always ideal.

I guess you could fake a helicopter hovering within a small radius looking out from a cockpit - that should work quite well.

You could study the jetpack scripts and impliment something along those lines.

A lot of things can be attempted and partial success achieved, however there are serious drawbacks and resrtictions to achieving non default game functions that are likely to cause serious obstacles to many trying to achieve them.

XFS Illusion
Years of Service
User Offline
True True, i guess its one more thing for the creators to think about if and when we get an update. I'd be happy just to get an update full of bug fixes, like the bug that at times prevents one from changing weapons in MP, thats a pretty big bug.

Illusion
X-Fleet.net

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-07 07:04:43
Your offset time is: 2024-05-07 07:04:43