Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / Questions about some scripts.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi all.

1. I'm trying to implement a wall (sci-fi/furniturea/structurea) to be standing when the Player enters the room, then to fall over when the Player steps onto a trigger zone. I have three structureas set up-One standing straight named as Bang1, which is set to Spawn at Start: Yes, one which is half-knocked down named as Bang2, which is set to Spawn at Start: No, and one which is all the way knocked down, set to Spawn at Start: No. I set up three trigger zones, all covering the same square, which the Player must pass through. All of them have AIMain set to: plrinzoneactivateifused.fpi. The first ones IfUsed is set to Bang1. The second ones IfUsed is set to Bang2 and the third one is set to Bang3. Bang1's IfUsed field is set to Bang2.

It works when the Player steps into the trigger Zone Square, but all three of them are visible. How do I get Bang2 and Bang1 to be invisible?

So basically, I want the wall to appear as if it is falling off where it is set. Anyone have any suggestions in how to make Bang2 and Bang1 disappear.

Any suggestions?

2. A while back, I remember a script where when the Player had the Key for a locked door the hud would change from DOOR LOCKED-KEY REQUIRED TO OPEN to PRESS ENTER TO USE. After the Player pressed Enter, and the hud faded, the DOOR LOCKED-KEY REQUIRED TO OPEN hud would be showed. How can I stop this?!

Tom

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 18th May 2006 22:26
Quote: "Read...
The...
Manual...
n00b...

use...
search...
n00b...

Tom
"

Crazy Grandpa
Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
That has nothing to do with this. You try searching before telling someone else to search, you idiot. I DID search AND read the manual. None of these problems are covered, fool.

Tom

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2006 01:23
Tom0001,

I am not sure exactly the effect you are trying to achieve but believe that I do so.

Forgive me if I am wrong - I presume that you want simply want the pillar to fall over and that you are using have 3 separate entities all in differering angles to simulate the falling over of the object at differing stages along its fall.

What I dont know is if all of the 3 pieces or separate instances you have are the same - or do they change in the sequence?

If I was doing this and I am not then I would make it easy for myself and make one enity model in my model program and animate it there falling at the angle and positions I would require - using 60 frames of animation.

Such an entity and its animation can easily be called inside FPSC by most of the obvious methods - even an amended door script attached should get it to work when the player approaches. Writing a more complex script yourself could give more precise control too.

This method would only require one model - but I realise it may not fit your needs.

From what I have seen I would imagine too that you could get your own 3 part models to be invisible and fade in and out with the right scripts - though I personally have not used the commands at all in my own levels so have little experience of them. I presume that if you have 3 models you would also have to remove 2 of them or perhaps the player would collide with them even if invisible. Or you may have to try and get the collision to switch off too depending on what you are triying to achieve?

Good luck with that I hope someone can help further.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-07 07:49:15
Your offset time is: 2024-05-07 07:49:15