Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / Follow me script?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2006 22:03
Has anyone came up with a script which makes a NPC follow the player yet? i am trying to make it so that your team of men follow you and shoot any enemies you find.
Cheers,
Nathan

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 18th May 2006 22:15
This will make a character follow you:

As for a team of men following you, I think 2 or possibly 3 is all that will work using the same script. The other issue is, if they have weapons, they will probably shoot you.

Crazy Grandpa
Kill Me!
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2006 22:19
i think thats the allied script people have been going on about, has anyone actually made one yet??

Nathan

Programmer of Power
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2006 22:40
At this point you can't have an allied script. Enemies just can't hurt other enemies intentionally. Wait till V2 to see if such features are available.

"I will work harder... if you ask me enough times... or give me enough coffee"
Kill Me!
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2006 18:38
would it be possible to start a character from scratch and make it available for being on you team?

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2006 18:56
Team or group communications are not supproted by the FPSC engine so you cannot have such between either friendly characters or enemies.

Currently I am unaware of any trick or workaround that can simuate such behaviour effectively.

I dont believe that it is possible.

Each enemy can only target the player by default - not other enemies or targets and any character which follows the player cannot support him in target fire directly at enemies or targets.

Shooting by enemies is targeted at the player only - shooting by enemies scripted to follow the player with the appearance of being a player supporter in any shooting scenario - can only be randomly controlled and currently it seems not precisley enough to warrant being called an ally. Hitting an enemy would be somewhat random and very infrequent.

There are too other issues which make a real ally extremely difficult to achieve and near to impossible.

I dont know how it can be made more clear than that.

If I find a solution I will let you know as I trust any other user that finds one would do so also.

Evil Star
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2006 16:48
Just use the home.fpi script and set fire rate to 0 and someone's following you

Kill Me!
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2006 22:12
Quote: "uman: I dont know how it can be made more clear than that."

Ahh now i see. you are a lot smarter than me.
oo it rhymed!

Bored as ever:
Nathan

brummel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2006 19:37
@explosys

They wont shoot the player unless the script includes the shootplr or rotatetoplr and useweapon.

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 24th May 2006 21:42 Edited at: 24th May 2006 21:44
I'll have to check that out again. It was an old script that I haven't used for a while. I know that there was a problem with armed NPC's.

Crazy Grandpa
Me Self
Years of Service
User Offline
You could make a script so the character walks until a certain point and then make them shoot , but the bullets wont affect the enimie .

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-07 16:33:27
Your offset time is: 2024-05-07 16:33:27