Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / falling through ground bug and easy fix

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Everytime I load my bsp map that I made in lightwave I fall through the ground . The reason was I made a mesh over the 0,3,0 as the starting point. That appears to be a very bad idea. In my experience so far I fall through the 2 triangles that make up the floor. So your not going to be suprised by the fact that setting the camera to 1,3,1 stops my camera from falling through the ground. The very odd thing is it refuses to accept any flat polygon as the floor if I start at 0,3,0.

so if you always fall through your bsp check that your not starting directly above the centre of a box or 4 sided polygon (converted into triangle polys)
pathfinder
Years of Service
User Offline
hmmm if I make a bsp with only faces no objects created from primatives ie a box, the bsp faces are not visible and maybe not loaded. However if I add a box into the scene, using lightwave and go through the process of creating a bsp it will show the map and you can run around in it odd

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 14:13:09
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 14:13:09