Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / my 3d stick guy:D

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2003 08:34 Edited at: 29th Mar 2003 22:54
looks like its a lot of polys, but only 220

i just want to know what u guys think of it, it was done in milkshape3d
also, are there any resources that cover all of the probs one might find trying to get a model from milkshape to db? i want to be done with all the polys before i go adding in animation.. thanx

[edit]
if you dont see the image you may be able to see it here:
http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse.asp?selected=203413

[center]These are called variables and each one has a little label on it carved in cuneiform script by the hand of an ancient Babylonian black box engineer.
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2003 14:06
To get rid of your polies, EXPORT The object as DirectX(JT) and make sure you save it as a DIFFERENT file name (else youll lose all limbs) Next, go to your Direct X tools, and click on the little folder. Open your new .x object, and click the picture of the little disk with the line over it. This will put your object in milkshape. Got to all the windows and frame all to zoom in on it (heh, it puts a texture on it so you lose most of the poly shading as well )

Now, you Edit>>>Select All then go to Direct X tools again, and you will see a little slidy bar. Slide that down until you like the number up top (its the poly count) but keep your eye on the wireframe mesh below, you dont want to destroy it! When you begin losing shape, either stop, or increase your polies a little until its good. Click the disk again and VOILA! Your model is poly-cut

Export your object AGAIN as .x (the same filename as the other .x, just make sure you dont overright your .ms3d object) and yes you HAVE to export or else your milkshape object will be overwritten (if you just say "save") Now your ready to UV map and pop that model in DB!!

Cheers!

RPGamer

Current - RPG: Eternal Destiny
http://www.halbrosproductions.netfirms.com
Dont ask those questions! Read the help files lazy! Oh ya, and Tat has a plugin for that!
actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2003 15:37
Actually,optimizing takes more precision whilst using a tool to achieve it is really only to lower the count in a general matter since it uses distance and angles to decide whether or not it will dissect the given area.

What I would suggest is using the modeling tools available and do it manually by welding vertice or whole sets of faces(depending on the count)and this not really for that model cause'it's low anyways and wouldn't really need optimizing from what I can judge but keep in mind that you will need some of the edges at the joint parts.Generally it's better to keep more than two rows of edges around them to simplify the rigging/animating process.

Just remember that you're standing on a planet that's evolving
And revolving at nine hundred miles an hour!
bitJericho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2003 23:01
that model is as optimized as possible^_^ I layed the vertices myself! Im just wondering if there's anything i need to look out for when i go to put it into dbc

[center]These are called variables and each one has a little label on it carved in cuneiform script by the hand of an ancient Babylonian black box engineer.
PiratSS
Years of Service
User Offline
.X is pretty stable in DBC, I don't think you gonna get any trouble when implementing your model.

Cheers.

1PH J00 C4|\| U|\|dER$T@|\||) +|-|I$, j00 |-|@\/3 4lR3Ady w0|\|! - p1r@T$$
bitJericho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2003 00:23
good deal, thanx

bitJericho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2003 05:36
oh no it blew up when i tried to animate it!!...any ideas, i followed the steps for exporting on this website...using db classic

http://dakoren.home.attbi.com/

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 17:54:12
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 17:54:12