Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / bug atleast in dbpro demo... just me or everyone?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
i made a small function to print out text 1byte at a time, now this seems to be a problem for DBpro, on my computer this makes it really laggy, it seems to skip 'sync', and it seems to change to
RomuluS
Years of Service
User Offline
erf...

i made a small function to print out text 1byte at a time, now this seems to be a problem for DBpro, on my computer this makes it really laggy, it seems to skip 'sync', and it seems to chage to 640x480 mode...
it the mid$() that is doing it but what i want to know is why...

do
cout(text$, 10, 0)
cls
loop

rem cout("string", 10, 0) :prints out "string" with stopping for 10ms between every character and chages the line after "string"
rem cout("string", 10, 1) :prints out "string" with stopping for 10ms between every character and doesen't change the line after "string"

function cout(text_to_print$, wait#, bool#)
char# = 1
last# = len(text_to_print$)
print mid$(text_to_print$, 0)
sleep wait#
while char# <= last#
print mid$(text_to_print$, char#);
sleep wait#
char# = char# + 1
endwhile
if bool# = 0 then print " "
if bool# = 1 then print "";
endfunction

MrTAToad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2002 00:40
Sleep suspends the program to allow other programs run - on mine, I didn't get anything printed...

If you want to do a pause between each letter, its best to use a timer

Yes, I really am THAT good...
RomuluS
Years of Service
User Offline
well in any case it makes the program look ackward...

oh, and seems to me i only ripped the code from my program there should be 'input ">", text$' before the loop...
and then remove the cls from the code, it makes the DBpro logo to spread around the screen. and all becouse of the print mid$()

test this and look at the logo in the lower right corner (also note that i am using DBpro demo):

do
print mid$("hello world", 2)
loop

MrTAToad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2002 01:31
Ah.. I was trying it with the full version...

Yes, I really am THAT good...
RomuluS
Years of Service
User Offline
well, in any case:
could some one check does that affect DBpro full version in any way. it makes atleast 'input' look strange, when typing text in it, it leaves marks of the cursor in the text when typing in to the input.

if someone is using demo, and doesen't see those things, then i think it is my computer, and i will not buy DBP, 'couse it would be a waste of my money. so please inform me about these things.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 14:32:10
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 14:32:10