Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / My Hell's Sanctuary Demo is ready

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2006 18:38 Edited at: 9th Jun 2006 18:41
I have decided to release the first level of my game for testing purposes and feedback.

Before you download and try it, be advised, the download is large. As a matter of fact, my entire game, when finished will be dvd sized. The download is 189 megs.

Also note that this level is by far not complete. I have a few things I still have to tweak and re-adjust, but I wanted to get some feedback from people that arent close to me for an honest opinion and suggestions. My game creation is based on atmosphere and that erie feeling of someone creeping up on you, and I am trying to incorporate things such as player interaction to move the gameplay.

So by all means, download it, try it and critique it. I take all forms of criticism, good and bad.

Oh yeah,,the load time is similiar to Half Life 2,,right around 2 mins. Hope thats not too long.

Thanks
Dave

http://www.enrouteservice.com/download/Hell's%20Sanctuary.exe
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2006 19:27 Edited at: 9th Jun 2006 19:27
Pretty cool man! Nice use of lighting! It would probbably take allot less loading time if you didnt make all the objects dynamic, but still very effective demo. The only things I saw that you might want to change is around when you kill the final skeleton and you get your first grenade, its not a grenade on the ground, it's a pistol. but when you pick it up its a grenade. Just cusious, when you get to the second floor in the "lounge" for lack of a better word, and there is a single zombie in an alcove, what were those small squares sticking out of the ground? I thought it might be ammo but it was just bumpable sticks and wasnt an object to pick up. Second, I'de make the end zone section look more like a passage that turns rather than a dead end hallway. It's just asthetics, but it helps make the world look more believeable. All in all good job, and also good to see someone useing voice work to explain the objectives.

JEEZ!You people just STFU! You waste more space complaining about people wasting space than the people your bashing! Man, I thought I had no life.
Stamina
Years of Service
User Offline
Disturbing 13 -
Quote: "It would probbably take allot less loading time if you didnt make all the objects dynamic"

Will do. I thought about that but in the decision making proccess for which items.

Quote: "when you kill the final skeleton and you get your first grenade, its not a grenade on the ground, it's a pistol. but when you pick it up its a grenade"

1 has a grenade, the oter has a pistol. They are just placeholders. Not going to be inthe final version.

Quote: "what were those small squares sticking out of the ground?"

Belive it or not, those are the poles holding the figures up onthe wall below that one. Didnt get them low enough in the map.lol..will fix.

Quote: "I'de make the end zone section look more like a passage that turns rather than a dead end hallway"

Agreed. Once again, a placeholder.

I also think I am going to make the grand hall smaller and add another area to it's side.

I appreciate all the comments. Like I said, I want my game to be interactive and erie. I just wished I knew how to model before I retire because the stock materials arent really doing the job I want. I can make my own walls and segments and stuff, but ut's the characteres I lose my patience with...lol
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2006 20:20
I may be releasing some free packs soon, so when the time comes I'll ask what's needed from people and make maybe 3 or 4 models rigged to the FPSC skeleton. They will be free to the forum but If you want get your request in quickly, and it may alleviate some of the stock look. I also do exclusive models for people but those are for pay I'm afraid. Well I'm not too afraid.

JEEZ!You people just STFU! You waste more space complaining about people wasting space than the people your bashing! Man, I thought I had no life.
Stamina
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2006 20:23 Edited at: 9th Jun 2006 20:23
I have bee trying to make something like this, except without the weapon.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Stamina
Years of Service
User Offline
Disturbing 13
Quote: "It would probbably take allot less loading time if you didnt make all the objects dynamic"

I took your advice, and your right. Not only did it load, maybe 1/4 less time than before, I was able to add a couple avi storylines, and also gameplay was much more smooth.

Thanks for the advice.
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2006 01:29
Not a problem. Dynamic objects are nice but they do bog down the performance if you have too many. That's awsome that you were able to add more to your game just because of that Oh and that model would be uber easy, for me to crank out if you don't mind it being a model the whole community can use. After Im done with the pistol for my game I'll get on it. I find charicter modeling easier than weapons and such.

Stamina
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm all aboput the community boss. Thanks for the offer. If I ever am able to do something of value, I will surely pass it along.
Stamina
Years of Service
User Offline
Well,,I have had 3.4 gigs of downloads on my game demo..but only 1 post,,so I am taking down the download. Doesnt appear anyone is commenting on it other than disturbing 13.
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2006 01:47 Edited at: 12th Jun 2006 01:47
just letting you know that the cultist model is done.

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=81355&b=24

Stamina
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks boss,,looks sweet.
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2006 04:41
Not a prob, I look forward to your next level

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 15:35:25
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 15:35:25