Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / 2nd person shooter

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2006 00:17
This may seem stupid but is it possible to make a game like 2nd person.
The screen moves the player instead of you doing it.
Like House Of The Dead.
Is there like a script or something to do this

Candle_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2006 00:21 Edited at: 18th Jun 2006 00:21
No sorry you can't do that with fpsc but you can with DBPro.

Black Terror
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2006 00:30
Most things are possible, although you would have to change a lot of coding. And I am talking thousands of lines of codes.

Black Terror
Official Website
//// - FPSCS Support - \\\\
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2006 00:49 Edited at: 18th Jun 2006 00:50
well if there was a way to move the player along the floor and disable his movement when he gets to a certain spot, then move to a different point once an objective is completed, it can be possible. It would be a 360 view type though, not a single screen in front the player. The term your looking for is an "On Rails" Shooter. Wich accually kind gives a hint at how it may be achieved. Maybe a good scriter can pull it off after all.

SUICID3
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2006 10:05
Could a good scripter please visit this thread.
LOL

Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2006 10:20 Edited at: 19th Jun 2006 10:22
It's not going to be that easy, SUICID3. What Disturbing said is correct, however actually going through that process would be nigh on impossible.

Firstly, you have to get the "faux character" to move at the same pace you're pressing the movement keys (meaning you'll need to remap the usual movement keys), which is basically nearly impossible. Then, more impossible is the way your going to get the character to shoot, and more importantly get enemies to die (bascially, no allies=no 2nd person shooter, unless you don't have enemies or find a way to get the "camera" to shoot in the exact same place with an invisible weapon). And finally, you've got the camera changes. Moving the "camera", or you, is basically impossible unless you only have two different angles and an invisible teleport.

Put simply, you can't do it. And if you could, it would be horrible.

Evil has a new name. Demo out now!
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2006 11:44 Edited at: 19th Jun 2006 11:45
I was thinking more of a moving platform that followed waypoints that the player was on with a 0 amount of movement capable for the player. So they would have no choice but to stay on the platform. But getting the platform to stay in one spot till all enemies for that section are dead would be the tricky thing. Accually starting the player inside of an invisible waist to mid stomach high box entity would restrict the players movements and force him to "ride" to the waypoint. After that I got nothing.

Lizblizz
Years of Service
User Offline
what dose 2nd person look like? like RE4?

~*~princess~*~
MR useless
Years of Service
User Offline
to do this you under stand that u are going to have to make a hud with a plaer and then resse all the guns so that tey are there with the player, then you are going to have to creat prety much what the player looks like, and then anamate it all.

defintly way beond what the basic or simi andvance user can do.
it is going to be a lot of code and a lot of moduling, i renken if you start now you will have a finnished 2nd person camera in like 4 months,

good luck u are goin to need it

visit FLASH AFECT
http://www.freewebs.com/mruseless/
Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2006 06:35 Edited at: 21st Jun 2006 06:39
There is really no way to get it to work--functionally.

Remember that it's not just movement that's difficult--it's guns. Not just is shooting difficult, but unless you only ever have one weapon, you're in a bit of a problem. DBPro is truly an only bet with this--an edit of the source to fix the camera and direct and entity would do it, but these things are hard-coded, and hence, DBP comes into the picture.

And even then, it will take a lot of work. You have a huge amount of code to sift through, and it'll take a long time to get it working right. In the end, the timescale could take forever. I'd say 6-8 months, but you'll need to know what you're doing--in DBP--to have any luck.

Remember--the problem isn't only in the camera. It's the "player", and the weapons, that make it difficult.

Oh, and Liz--RE4 isn't 2nd Person... RE4 is 3rd person.

If you've seen or played the (highly better) RE games before it, you'll see 2nd person--a static camera does not move, and the camera switches to another angle when necessary after the player moves out of the field of view.

EDIT: For reference, a 3rd person game is highly, highly possible. All you need to do is make the character a gun, and have the movement animation as the player running, the shooting animation as the player shooting--all you need to do is highly alter the flashes of light (the name escapes me at this point), and you're done. It wouldn't be optimal, but it would work.

Lizblizz
Years of Service
User Offline
OOh i see ok cause i remember you see leon realy closeup but n 3rd person i kinda didnt like 2nd person cant tell were enimies comeing from i always die

~*~princess~*~
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2006 07:29 Edited at: 21st Jun 2006 07:31
Quote: "3rd person game is highly, highly possible...."

I thought of that too since there is an idle and walk, but the camera is centered making turning look awkward. if the camera could be moved back from the center turning point, i'de accually do it, but another problem is looking up and down would look awfully odd.maybe a corner over the shoulder view like gears of war may be a bit more doable. is there a way to restrict up and down movement with the mouse?

Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2006 08:28
Well, Disturbing, I didn't say it would look good .

But yes, having the "player" in the very corner of the screen is basically what I meant--it would still look odd, but it would work alright.

Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2006 02:55 Edited at: 24th Jun 2006 02:58
skiped entire thread.

just add ifused=coolme to a skull.fpe

rename the name of the skull to coolme

script is

::plrmoveifused
:state=0:waypointstart,state=1

P.S. since the 2nd person is you... technically you are already playing a 2nd person shooter. A first person shooter would be OBSERBING the actions of another through his eyes + mind.

My Government sucks, join the rebellion!
One can only know so much, only comprehend the world to a point. After that we exist as impressionable beings. Doing nothing, being nothing, forever nothing.
Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
Merranvo,
So using that skull method would move the Player along an actual waypoint? But what would actually ACTIVATE the skull's ifused?

Tom

Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2006 00:58
it has to do with teleportation. the IFUSED value of the teleporter is what is used to teleport the person to something.

What I did was constantly teleport the player to a entity which you can then control!

Your Mod was deleted by the Government.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-19 15:48:01
Your offset time is: 2024-05-19 15:48:01