Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / Activate a Button

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I've got a person who walks along some waypoints. At one waypoint is a button. What is needed, that the person aktivates the button?
I'm a n00b at this programm so pleas help me
PS: Sorry for my bad english
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2006 03:09
Correction, you are a newbie. n00bs are people who spam the boards.

and to activate a button.

forget dealing with the enemy... if you do you have to edit several files and that gets annoying as complexity increases. Instead make sure there are no other dynamic objects surrounding the switch and give it this script.

:anywithin=60,plrdistfurther=60:activateifused=1

What this does is activates whatever the switch activates if the enemy is near it... but the plr has to be far away (anywithin=bugged i think).

My Government sucks, join the rebellion!
One can only know so much, only comprehend the world to a point. After that we exist as impressionable beings. Doing nothing, being nothing, forever nothing.
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2006 06:05
What I did in these circumstances was to place a switch that was to activate an entity.

Then I place a trigger zone and attach a script to it with its script set to activate the switch. You need a script with the anywithin command and then set the ifused field in the trigger zone to the name of the switch.

Sounds a little complicated and perhaps it is - but I found other methods gave less precise control of when the switch activated.

Merranvo,

Your method is easier - so if that works which I am sure it will then that should be used. I tried it but the results in my scenario were less stable - that dont mean its the same for everyone - thats FPSC for you.

"I am and forever will be your friend"
Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
In my opinion, setting the character's IfUsed field to the object to be activated's name using the .fpe should work.
Use a script which has waypointstate= and also use the script that the ActivateIfUsed uses.

Tom

Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2006 05:04
Yeah tom... but he has to edit the FPE... and if he has 2 enemys doing that then he has to edit it more.

My Government sucks, join the rebellion!
One can only know so much, only comprehend the world to a point. After that we exist as impressionable beings. Doing nothing, being nothing, forever nothing.
Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
I know, but it can still be done, if he wants to achieve what he wants, then he will need to work for it, imo.

Tom

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-28 21:41:39
Your offset time is: 2024-05-28 21:41:39