Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / corps on waypoint

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2006 05:25
HI
I was wonding how do you get a corps to go on a waypoint i tryed everythang and ran out of ideas can someone help me!!!???

its relly making me mad

Remaking Soul Survivor because compture crashed
Me Self
Years of Service
User Offline
Witch character are you using ?
300 win mag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2006 06:18 Edited at: 24th Jun 2006 06:19
the sifi corps and how would u get a waypoint to go if you step in a trigger zone just asking

Maeko
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2006 06:36
You mean Colonel X. There is a way for him to go on a waypoint when you enter a trigger zone, but he spawns when you enter the trigger zone then goes on the waypoint you made for him.

Give a man some bullets, and he'll want a gun. Give a man a gun and he'll be giving away the bullets!!
300 win mag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2006 06:39
that would be great but i ment the dead body but go on and give ne the one on colonel x and thanks for helping me man

Maeko
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2006 07:29 Edited at: 24th Jun 2006 07:30
Here's how it goes:

1. Make a Colonel X and create the waypoint he will follow.

2. Right click on him and change his name from Colonel X to Bob.

3. Place the trigger zone where you want the player to walk through.

4. Right click on the trigger zone and in the Main AI section, change plrinzone.fpi to plrinzoneactivateused.fpi.

5. In the IfUsed section put Bob.

6. Right click on the Colonel X again, and under the respawn section, change spawn at start to no.

7. Then change the 2 first zeros to ones.

Exit, test your game, and when you start, and step into the trigger zone a Colonel X will spawn from nowhere and follow a waypoint.

I hope that was what you're looking for.

Give a man some bullets, and he'll want a gun. Give a man a gun and he'll be giving away the bullets!!
Me Self
Years of Service
User Offline
The dead botie is just an enitie it dosent attack or anything .
Maeko
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2006 21:22 Edited at: 24th Jun 2006 21:22
Oh... I thought he meant Colonel X, because colonel and corps... It's spelt corpse though. You can't make a dead body follow a waypoint.

Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2006 23:53
Well in that case you need to make the body an enemy... should be something like isEnemy in the fpe.

Your Mod was deleted by the Government.
One can only know so much, only comprehend the world to a point. After that we exist as impressionable beings. Doing nothing, being nothing, forever nothing.
Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2006 13:37
Unless, of course, Win Mag was wanting the corpse to just simply "glide" along a waypoint--in which case you may not have the entity on dynamic, which you'd need.

And although the idea seems stupid, it's plausable--conveyer belt, anyone?

Evil has a new name. Demo out now!
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2006 05:40
Conveyor belt. Yes please - I have barrels that move along a path as supposedly moving over a conveyor belt.

I have not yet worked out how I am going to animate a realistic looking Conveyor Belt which spans a long distance as I have not yet applied myself to the task. FPSC though does not make the idea of an attempt welcoming.

I am sure some thing could be worked out though - when I get around to it which will be like most things now - after any update.

"I am and forever will be your friend"
Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2006 06:00
Very true, Uman.

There are workarounds, though.

One word - decals. Remember that you can (very, very easily) script an FPI to make a decal face one way--from this, you have 16 frames to animate a (seamless, hopefully) conveyer that you simply rotate to be facing the ground. Basically, it should be as simple as that.

That's only theory, ofcourse. It may very well be that this method doesn't work, but there shouldn't be any reason for it not to, right? I plan on giving this method a shot sometime in the near future, I suppose I'll post my results (and the decal) if I succeed.

Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
Guys,
I think he is asking for the corpse entity in sci-fi/furniturea to be able to follow a waypoint. For that, it would need animations...

Tom

Stamina
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2006 22:17 Edited at: 7th Jul 2006 22:18
I attempted to try and have a crate follow a waypoint this past week, just to test. I actually got it to work, only problem was that the crate was halfway on and under the floor. I modified all sorts of settings for it, such as weight, but never got the results I wanted. Maybe someone will know the answer, but it seems like a good idea for conveyor system.
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2006 23:20
Stamina,

Getting any entity to follow a path correctly can be done. If your crate is buried in the floor then you should be able to adjust settings and its initial placement height to get it to work if you try enough adjustments. Try adjusting the default Y height settings in script,

A last resort could be make a copy of an entity and move it up above the centre line in a model editor and resave out - then try using that - it may fix your prob or not.

Jiffy,

Using decals for conveyor belt animated movement would be difficult unless you had a single tile length conveyor as the animation repeats itself quickly - this would look awful in my case where I need a conveyor of perhaps 10 to 15 tiles length in large rooms.

With some start and end frame decal tricker it may be possible to match a continous looking animation, but the speed of the conveyor would appear to be much to fast and no control of that speed inside FPSC. Conveyors are normally quite slow = about the speed a barrel would move along one. It would have to match up something similar kind speed and not like dfeault FPSC decal "hyperspeed".

Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2006 03:22
Okay, Uman.

I wasn't totally sure of the workings of decals as I'm not familiar with 16-frame animation "pictures". But I' still quite unsure as to how that is truly a barrier. After all, the fire decals don't move that fast. Couldn't you just use the 16 frames very, very carefully and have little movement throughout the frames (even just one or two panels each loop)? I understand what you're saying, I'm just unsure as to why you couldn't just rig the frames to not change much and have 10 or 15 of them lined up. I very well may be wrong, but I thought I'd just say that.

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2006 12:29 Edited at: 9th Jul 2006 12:29
Jiffy,

Yes thats basically what I was saying.

Of course I have a number of needed conveyors - actually two in a single very large room - and the conveyors need to be long as said - so it would give me in that room alone as you can work out around another 30 dynamic entities in a single room if the decals were applied as tile size pieces - attached to that is the fact that I would probably need to attach the decals to an invisible wall entity I use for the purpose so they can be rotated.

All that puts a large heavy extra burden on FPSC speeds in a single room thats already extremely complex. FPSC decals are not ideal in many situations but are all we have. I may try an actual animated model section sometime too.

One thing some users may not know about decals is that you can in fact scale them in script to any size you wish and this may be ideal or useful where you have say a lake (water) area. However decals can only be scaled proportionately as far as I am aware so your decal has to be square - good for lakes possibly - not so for narrow rivers or conveyors - if it were then you could use just one entity section instead of say 15.

Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2006 03:02
Uman,

I suppose I forgot about the dynamic entity problem.

The scaling is an interesting thought--although it would make the texture exceptionally low res, couldn't you just make the single conveyor "long" with transperency beside it and scale it up? Again I'm not sure, I just sort of thought it could be a possible concept. I'm not positive of the workings of transperency in decals, but I suppose you never know.

gps
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2006 07:58 Edited at: 11th Jul 2006 08:00
Uman & Jiffy, I've just spent most of this evening making decal screen displays for my game, and wrestling with the faster-that-a-speeding-bullet nature of said decals in FPSC, so your conveyor belt problem sparked my interest. As it happens, the only way to slow down the illusion of movement within a decal is to use a repeating banded patten - the plainer the better. A ribbed conveyor-belt pattern for example

I just knocked this decal together in the last fifteen minutes and there's a very slight stutter in the animation because I didn't do my maths right and was a couple of pixels short on the last frame, but it demonstrates the principle. I used the .fpi for the Acid entity (a flat, full-segment decal), and lined half-a-dozen of them up east to west, for a continuous looping animation that 'moved' at about half the player's walking speed.

(remember the 'B' key to switch to centre-segment alignment or you'll go insane trying to line them up)

An alpha channel mask reduced the width of the belt, and by doubling the number of bands I could halve the speed if necessary.

Anyway, the decal is attached so you can have a play with it.

Cheers

- Graham

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2006 10:42
Interesting principal. And good work with the decal!

Thanks, GPS!

Wrycu
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey guys, i was reading this post because im cool and i do that Im supposed to make something move. An entity that isnt a char. Im using a chest right now. I looked through this and i saw that you guys figured out how to move entities, but i didnt see anyone actually saying how to. could i get some help, but not actually the answer? here is the script i have (and yes, it is pretty much the basic follow script)

I have tried it on a char, and he follows waypoints. but the chest wont. I need animations, you guys said? would that be a custom animation? and if so, how do I add custom animations into the script? (like animation=20, but how do i set it to 20?)

<--Wrycu-->
Wrycu
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey guys, i was reading this post because im cool and i do that Im supposed to make something move. An entity that isnt a char. Im using a chest right now. I looked through this and i saw that you guys figured out how to move entities, but i didnt see anyone actually saying how to. could i get some help, but not actually the answer? here is the script i have (and yes, it is pretty much the basic follow script)

I have tried it on a char, and he follows waypoints. but the chest wont. I need animations, you guys said? would that be a custom animation? and if so, how do I add custom animations into the script? (like animation=20, but how do i set it to 20?)

<--Wrycu-->

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-19 16:24:54
Your offset time is: 2024-05-19 16:24:54