Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / interactive backgrounds in levels

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2002 22:48
hey i have a couple of questions i am making a 3d side scrolling ninja game sorta like super double dragon and
shinobi 3 i was wondering if it was possible to make characters interact with the background doing thing like climbging ladders, flipping off walls, knocking enemies against objects break windows etc can it be done with bsp levels made in cartography shop or do i have to personally
place the interactive objects in like tables and desk do you think it will be complicated to implement element like the wall flip
crawlin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2002 23:00
You have to code the interactivity . I don't think BSP's would work (though i haven't had much experience with them) you would have to place the interactive objects seperatly from the BSP.
Thinking about it no, you couldn't use BSP's as the visibility information is pre-rendered so changes cannot be made to the level. So interactive objects have to placed and loaded seperatly.

Hope that helps,
crawlin

P4 1.6GHz - 256Mb DDR RAM - GeForce 2 MX400 - SoundMAX Integrated Sound - Windows XP Home
crawlin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2002 23:02
The wall flip shouldn't be too difficult. You would have the animation of your main character then play that when a certain condition occurs eg. Next to wall + Return Key pressed

crawlin

P4 1.6GHz - 256Mb DDR RAM - GeForce 2 MX400 - SoundMAX Integrated Sound - Windows XP Home
AlecM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2002 10:07
well in many side scrollers any object you interact with is middle ground. play castlevanie symphony of the night, GREAT game and awsome 2d graphics.

Goto http://www.shellshockede.com

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 11:47:40
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 11:47:40