Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / Usefull Comands That Dont Exist, But i can change it

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2006 16:07 Edited at: 6th Jul 2006 16:08

For who those dont know. I've created a flashlight and a lensflare for FPSC. I've changed and recompiled the FPSC_Game.exe
So, you think if these commands be avalible it will be a goot thing?
Would you pay for these and others comands like: save and load and others?
What other commands do youlike to see in the new modified fpsc_game.exe???

Sorry for my bad inglish!
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 6th Jul 2006 16:37
I'm not sure how anyone else feels, but I think I will wait for TGC to update the engine. There are many reasons, but to name a few:

1. I believe it will be free, but maybe not.
2. I'm sure it will be tested and compatible.
3. I trust them.
4. I don't know you from Adam.
5. Support issues.
6. I don't think that they will disappear anytime soon.

Even if you were to offer it free, I would have my doubts about any third party engine work. I also think that people should try to complete their work before they offer to sell it. The flashlight you mention only worked after the end user made modifications to FPSC on his own. There was a bit of confusion from even the few who got it to work.

Like I said, I don't know you from Adam. I'm sure you are a great and intelligent guy and have only the best intentions.

Crazy Grandpa
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2006 18:33
That is pretty much what I was going to say.

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2006 21:59 Edited at: 6th Jul 2006 22:01
Agreed particularly as any third party source modifications would need to be constantly updated by the creator if one was to consdider baseing ones game on such a modified version.

Otherwise as and when you get official updates from TGC what you have created games-wise based on something else would be unlikely to be comaptible with the new official version and some or all of your stuff may not work any longer if you wanted to install any TGC update - a lot of hard work could be put in and then lost. Any third party version would have to be supported long term with constant new updated development. It could be a choice of a decision to run and develop with one or the other but not both. Given that choice I know which one I would choose despite current issues with FPSC.

You can expect too that TGC updates are possibly likely to be comprehensive and include many improvements beyond what any third party version may provide making it a better choice long term offering a wider more advanced choice of features and functions.

Hopefully as I'm sticking my neck out here TGC wont prove me wrong. I have some faith in them to deliver the goods.

Thats just my thoughts but its obviously a choice for every individual themselves to make.

"I am and forever will be your friend"

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-19 15:00:19
Your offset time is: 2024-05-19 15:00:19