Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2006 04:08
Im trying to get video to work but it just wont
here is the code for my video .fpi file

I put a link to the .fpi file on a Story Zone marker e.g. 'user\video.fpi' in the 'main' part of the 'AI Script' and it just doesn't seem to work
any feedback would be gratefully recieved

,thanks

"I dont' know what weapons will be fought with in WW3 but in WW4 it will be sticks and stones" - Albert Einstien
Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2006 11:42
From what I've heard, the video command simply doesn't work in these cases and that only 'video$0' works--which means you need the video preselected as available with the story zone marker. There's some suprisingly creative ways you can get that zone to work in your situation, but the fact is sometimes there just isn't.

I've tried fiddling around with the FPEs to see if I can get that Multimedia select thingy onto other objects (with IfUsed and such), but it doesn't appear to work, unfortunetely.

Evil has a new name. Demo out now!
Dr Cuddles
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2006 13:39
So how do i use the 'video$0' command then?

"I dont' know what weapons will be fought with in WW3 but in WW4 it will be sticks and stones" - Albert Einstien
Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2006 14:09 Edited at: 10th Jul 2006 14:09
Actually, VP, that would cause a huge problem. But not in the way you think.

You have to remember that : means that there is an action following a condition or vice versa. Your script tells the script to go to state=1 before continuing on, but there is no state=1. Theoretically, it needs to be like this:

Generally speaking though, state=0 doesn't have any commands. I would set it out like this:

Although I don't think that's necessary. Oh, and Dr. Cuddles, I already mentioned the problem of video$0--it refers to the video already outlined in the entities FPE--which only appears to be working on the Story Zone marker. The lines in the FPE that are important are:

Quote: ";Multimedia

soundset0=[sound file]
soundset1=[video file]"

I'm not sure why video is outlined as a sound set but it must be hardcoded into the storyzone, as attempting to use this on other objects does not work.

Evil has a new name. Demo out now!
Dr Cuddles
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2006 02:23
no no no you don't understand, i put state=1 there so that once you've ran into it once you can't activate it again

and thanks for all your help so far

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-19 17:02:31
Your offset time is: 2024-05-19 17:02:31