Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi

I used DarkBasic earlier in the year but like most things work tends to take over.

I've just had the details through on Pro and would be interested to see some comparative reviews between the two versions.

Regards
The Wendigo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2002 06:37
I only really used the first DB for a little while, but there are some major differences that I could clearly see. First off the Interface is in a window now (and I like that cuz I like using multiple programs at the same time for my projects), there are new way cooler special effects you can do to object (box and sphere mapping, bump mapping, light mapping, etc...), BSP support, height mapping, built in multiplayer support, seems to run faster (especially collision detection!). There's a lot more, but It's 7:43pm my time and I did too much work, so I'm tired and can't think

Hope that helps!

1.00 GHZ processor, 256 MB RAM, GeForce 3 64MB, SB Live!, 8 cans of soda per day

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 23:33:33
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 23:33:33